Planning Ableton Setup - Saffire Pro 14 or 24 to go with a VCM 600?
    Tech Wizard

Default Planning Ableton Setup - Saffire Pro 14 or 24 to go with a VCM 600?

So I am now sorting out the things that I need to buy for my set. Got a sweet $400 deal for a 2nd hand VCM 600 and now onto the audio interface. Which one is preferably more suitable for a VCM 600? the Saffire Pro 14 OR 24?

I am using the first 2 channel for songs, the 3,4 and 5 for audio fx (noise, samples, loops) and the 6th for a Drum Sequencer either from an iPad Lemur running Ambivalent Beats OR Maschine Mikro.
    *Inactive Account*

What a coincidence! This is exact the same setup I was looking at. The Saffire Pro 14 will do, since you'll be only routing the Master Out of Ableton into the soundcard.

I have a Kontrol X1 but would like to have 2 Xone K2's, because I've routed Traktor in Ableton with Jack OS X. With Traktor you have far more control (hotcue's, easy looping etc.) and use the VCM 600 and K2's as the ultimate Ableton/Traktor controller!
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Oh alright then, I was just askin cuz the difference in price isn't much. I have been ditching Traktor for some time now so yeah :\ haha doesn't look like I will be goin back but it is still a good software. The new remix deck kinda appeal to me though. Well adding VCM 600 and K2 feels like an overkill to me, too many faders n knobs to keep track of. Do you use Ableton in tandem with Traktor?
    *Inactive Account*

Yes:

http://blog.dubspot.com/syncing-ableton-live-traktor/
    http://blog.dubspot.com/traktor-to-a...o-route-audio/

With this method, I can make use of best of both worlds. I use Traktor for track selection and Ableton for track manipulation. So all the crazy FX from Ableton is used (Send/Return) and yesterday I tried this with a Traktor Audio 8 and a Pioneer DJM-800, it worked flawless!

But for home, I'm buying the VCM 600 and then use another midi controller (Xone K2/Traktor Kontrol X1) for even more control. It's all about the control for me .
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6