CDJ's and Acapellas.

Default CDJ's and Acapellas.

I'm curious about this, i know that you can use beatgrids in traktor to sync your acapellas to the beat.

But how would you do it on a CDJ? Do you need to analyze your acapellas and set the BPM beforehand? Or Just change the BPM using the pitch slider and try to beatmatch it?

beatmatch it by ear.
    i'm not a rekordbox user but i doubt it detects any correct bpm on an acapella

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    beatmatch it by ear.
    i'm not a rekordbox user but i doubt it detects any correct bpm on an acapella
    it does actually. but it is a hit and miss thing. most of the times it is easier to simply beatmatch it by ear.

1. Load up acapella.
    2. Open fader.
    3. Hit cue button like you're cueing a track.
    4. ???
    5. Profit.

Srsly, I have no idea how sync would help you at all with adding acapellas, it seems like a recipe for mistiming.

When playing an acapella, you can clearly imagine a beat going in your head, according to the singer's intonation. That's what you should match to the other track playing.

if it's only a few bars worth you'll only need to be in the right ballpark tempo wise anyway
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Most cd players won't get the bpm right. If you have difficulty beatmatching acapella's I would suggest you to find the bpm in advance and write it on the cd sleeve or something.

Quote Originally Posted by moss2626 View Post
    Most cd players won't get the bpm right. If you have difficulty beatmatching acapella's I would suggest you to find the bpm in advance and write it on the cd sleeve or something.
    Sorry Man, I've been mixing acapella's for years on CDJ's. Never been a problem if you can beatmatch.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

Trust me some people will have trouble doing it. I personally find it super easy to do, but I have friends who can't do it.