Traktor Pro "crashed" twice on me last night. May anyone be of assistance?
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor Pro "crashed" twice on me last night. May anyone be of assistance?

Last night during a gig, I was using Traktor Pro (2.0.3, I have since updated it to the latest version).

I was using my VCI-100SE. My laptop is set so that clicking the left or right arrow will load a track to Deck A and B, respectively (set so that it only loads a track to a stopped deck).

When I loaded a track to deck A, the already playing track on Deck B started skipping (like a record). The visual waveform was skipping along with it. This eventually forced me to close Traktor and restart it.

Shortly later, it happened again (though I cant recall if it was deck A or B).

Has anyone encountered this issue before?
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

This happened to me once, no fix that I know of. Traktor worked perfectly when I tried a day later though.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

Only two things I can think of would be heat or vibration, both of those could lead to problems that would be tough to recreate later. Try to keep your laptop in a safe location where it doesn't get shook up by the subs and make sure it's getting lots of ventilation.

if it was vibration. the vci100 is a lot more vulnerable than a laptop. with a 100, always put some foam (or even a shirt or sweater) underneath to avoid skipping..

nevertheless this doesnt sound like a vibration problem to me.. well might be.. how much did the waveform skip?
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

This would only be the culprit if Track A was playing out of a speaker near the VCI-100, and had certain bass frequency that would move the VCIs platters.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

hey

Are you on PC or mac

k

Tech Guru

To answer some questions:

It was skiping by fractions of a second back and forth

Heat was not an issue as it was in te direct path of an ACC vent that is placed int he booth (it was on and not hot whatsoever).

VCI was not an issue as I turned it off and it still happened.

I am on a mac.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

What are your latency settings like? Analyzing the track is one of the most CPU-intensive processes in Traktor.

If your CPU usage was already high already (due to a background service, another program), you were using a low latency setting, and if the CPU was somewhat hot (causing the chip to throttle down), this could have pushed it over the edge and caused it to skip.

Tech Mentor

I have had Traktor crash on me 4 times in the past month after never having it crash ever. I am on PC using Traktor 2.1.2. I have a Xone DX controller which has a built in soundcard but I also have a audio 6. I have been using the audio 6 as of late because the DX soundcard would cut out on a channel so I thought there was a problem with it so I went back to the audio 6. Well I have had 3 instances that out of nowhere the audio just stops, no midi controls work, the effects banks on the screen go blank. In other words where tyou would see the name of the effect would just be blank and even hiting play with the mouse nothing worked. I ended up relaoding 2.1.2 back in, rebooting and everything eas fine. The other day out of nowhere I started hearing almost like a feedback tone coming from deck A, rebooted and it was fine. Well yesterday, the same problem where everything stopped happend again. No audio, Effects banks blank, no midi control on anything. This time I switched the audio setup in my settings from the audio 6 to the Xone DX, immediately the effects banks came back and I had midi control. I switched back to the audio 6, and it went blank again. Then I realized I had the audio 6 plugged into a USB hub that turned a single USB port into 3 ports and that my friends was the problem. This is what caused the problem in the Xone DX audio as well, just something to think about, check your connections, your USB cords, and don't plug anything that transports audio into a hub.