Beginner looking for suggestions/guides
    Tech Wizard

Default Beginner looking for suggestions/guides

I recently borrowed a M-AUDIO Xponent dj controller just to try it how it all goes. I love mostly house music and hip hop i like those hard bass beats :P. I was very disappointed with the software they provided - torq 1.0.2 i updated it to 1.0.7. I couldn't preview the song on my earphones and save it before playing it(in order to do that i need 1.5 version which is 60$ upgrade), buggy loop. I just couldn't set a new loop on songs i previously did(only on the untouched ones). I am looking you to suggest me something, not (too) expensive(cannot afford much money - only if the business goes up ) i just wanna start djing and i am a beginner. There are so many variants of this and that. I need something that is going to be combined - dj controller + software(good one) no need for cd decs. I wanna know if i can integrate any other dj software with the M-Audio Xponent? Suggest me, guide me, anything! :P

u should be able to map that controller in most dj software - it's only midi. mixxx is free and supports the xponent. might be worth trying. http://mixxx.org/ it's free anyway, so can't hurt. from what i've read torq 2.0 is pretty good but i haven't tried apart from a quick look at the demo. vdj or traktor would also be usable with your xponent. vdj is expensive but traktor pro has come down in price recently.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    u should be able to map that controller in most dj software - it's only midi. mixxx is free and supports the xponent. might be worth trying. http://mixxx.org/ it's free anyway, so can't hurt. from what i've read torq 2.0 is pretty good but i haven't tried apart from a quick look at the demo. vdj or traktor would also be usable with your xponent. vdj is expensive but traktor pro has come down in price recently.
    Hell yeah the torq 2.0 is great but 275$ wtf? Any suggestions for gear?

Tech Wizard

TRAKTOR, worth the money brah
    CHECK OUT MY SOUNDCLOUD BRUH!!!: http://soundcloud.com/fabiioofficial
    Be sure to take a listen to my newest tracks
    15' Macbook Pro l Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Kontrol Z2 l Kontrol D2's l Pioneer PLX 1000's l

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Fabiio View Post
    TRAKTOR, worth the money brah
    agreed, also they dropped the price to less than $100 i believe. not to mention traktor 2.5 coming out soon.

Tech Wizard

Dude, TRAKTOR is AMAZING ( been using it for years )
    Serato " industry standard, is too basic"
    Virtual DJ..waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too Basic

Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol s2 & s4 and Traktor Pro 2 will lead the DJ controller/software in the next few years!!!!
    CHECK OUT MY SOUNDCLOUD BRUH!!!: http://soundcloud.com/fabiioofficial
    Be sure to take a listen to my newest tracks
    15' Macbook Pro l Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Kontrol Z2 l Kontrol D2's l Pioneer PLX 1000's l

Quote Originally Posted by Fabiio View Post
    Dude, TRAKTOR is AMAZING ( been using it for years )
    agreed - and also the best value for money these days

Virtual DJ..waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too Basic
    as for mapping it's the most advanced - u can do a lot that u can't even begin to do in traktor... the effects are more limited - but u *can* use vst's which u can't in traktor

edit: the most advanced for mapping probably is mixxx - since u can use javascript to do whatever u want.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"