[Numark Mixtrack Pro] Mapping Jogwheel
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default [Numark Mixtrack Pro] Mapping Jogwheel

Hi everyone,
    I have an issue with my mapping of both jog (Deck A + Deck B)
    As you know, on the mixtrack pro, the code for jog Deck A is F#5 and jog deck B is F5.

1) this is what I want:
    when a track is playing, if I touch the jog, I want the track to pause for as long as I keep my touching the jog. I also want to be able to scratch if I want.

2) This is what happens now:
    when I touch the jog when a song is playing, the song is paused for a very short period of time, and then continue playing (even if i'm still touching the jog)

3) this is my config for Deck B (deck A is the same, I guess I don't need to put both on the forum)
    (every ungiven information is 0 or an unticked box)

Device Mapping: Ch01.Note.F5

Mapping Details:
    Type of controller: button
    interaction mode: Hold
    Assignment: Deck B

(It is the only control assign to Ch01.Note.F5)

Thank you for your help, if you need more info, I would be glad to provide them.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

When you touch jog song need to stop as long as you hold it, not to be paused (play button is still on). Maybe the problem is with wrong control selected, do you use "jog touch" as command?

yep - probably wrong controls mapped...

the mixtracks sends out note78 on chan1 when u touch the jog for deck 'a' and cc025 when u move it. u probably want to map something like "scratch on" for the note message which will keep the deck paused while u hold the jog and map "jog scratch tempo bend" to the cc, which will then allow u to scratch.

there's also the controls called "scratch" and "scratch on direct" but don't remember how they work.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

Hi,
    To be honnest, I don't really know specifically what is happenning.
    Stewe, you are right, I want the track to hold.
    I tried to fix it all the afternoon and I have a more accurate diagnostic
    (I didn't change my mapping yet, btw)
    Now:
    When I touch the jog without moving it, it hold the track. When I move the jog (even a little) and then stop moving, it goes on play.
    Zestoi, you are right, it is about mapping when I move the jog. The control switch between pressing the jog (F5) and moving CC024 (For deck 2).
    When I touch, i am able to hold and scratch, but when I stop scratching, it switches on tempo bend mode and so goes play... I guess the best way to modify this is to have a modifier button (e.g. Scratch: G#5) and disable the scratch when it is off...

Quote Originally Posted by Damarus View Post
    When I touch, i am able to hold and scratch, but when I stop scratching, it switches on tempo bend mode and so goes play... I guess the best way to modify this is to have a modifier button (e.g. Scratch: G#5) and disable the scratch when it is off...
    isn't that what u want tho? it shouldn't send out any tempo bend messages after u release the jog, so once u are done scratching the deck *should* play out. this is what i figured u meant by:

when a track is playing, if I touch the jog, I want the track to pause for as long as I keep my touching the jog. I also want to be able to scratch if I want.
    i presume u can then move the outside of the jog (i.e: moving but not touching the touch sensitive top) to then pitch bend as opposed to scratching ala a cdj.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

if u want it to *only* pause, i.e: not scratch normally when holding the jog, then u will need to assign an extra scratch on/off toggle (which i think u mentioned) then u could have it so it either a) only pauses the track while being held, even if u move it a little bit or b) pause the track but also allow u to scratch when u move it

not heard of anyone wanting that before tho. usually people either want to be able to hold+scratch when playing or just pitch bend and use the jog to move through the track when it is paused.

Tech Convert

I gues I misexpressed myself. Please let me formulate again.
    I want to:
    When I touch the jog: put the song on hold and be able to scratch until I release the jog.
    What is happening is: when I touch the jog, it puts the song on hold, then I scratch (everything is still ok). When I stop moving the jog but keep holding it, the song goes on play... I want the song to hold until I release the jog, after scratching.

ah... that seems very odd - as traktor *shouldn't* start playing again until u release the jog wheel.

also didn't realise some names of controls in traktor had changed since i first came up with the names for midimasher. so just tried a simple mapping with my icon idj directly in traktor:

* jog touch / button / hold / note.A#2
    * jog turn / encoder / relative / CC.016

when i touch the jog it stops playing and no matter what i do movement wise or not it only starts playing again when i release the jog wheel

i have no clue off hand why yours would begin playing again just when u stop moving the jog wheel, assuming the right midi messages are mapped. u could try running some midi dumper like my dump(.exe) and just see if after u stop moving the jog, but not releasing it, whether that note gets sent out with a value of 0. then you'd know if it was some odd issue with the actual mixtrack or not.

out of interest this is a quick dump (dump(.exe) is part of midimasher) when testing a jog on my icon idj:

Code:
    log filename (press enter for none): 
    1: IAC Driver MM to Traktor
    2: IAC Driver Traktor to MM
    3: IAC Driver debug
    4: iCON idj V1.01

choose a device: 4

q to quit
    Note      C2 127     0x90 0x30 0x7f  chan=1 
    Note     A#1 127     0x90 0x2e 0x7f  chan=1 
    CC        16 65      0xb0 0x10 0x41  chan=1 
    CC        16 63      0xb0 0x10 0x3f  chan=1 
    Note     A#1 0       0x90 0x2e 0x00  chan=1 
    Note      C2 0       0x90 0x30 0x00  chan=1
    the icon idj has two sets of note messages per jog which is kind of handy, tho not needed for what u want. both sent out on press, one sent with zero val on release and the other sent out after release *and* when the jog has stopped moving.

until that zero value for the note message is sent out the "jog touch" shouldn't get disengaged and so the track *shouldn't* start playing again. i can't see any options that might change this behaviour... there again i thought "jog touch" was still called "scratch on" and "jog turn" was called "job scratch/tempo bend"

Tech Convert

Thx Zestoi
    What can help me is a screen shot or a descrition like my first post of the mapping details of your jog hold and turn....
    Could you do that fo me please?
    I think it is not really clear so I explain myself:
    (only for one Deck, e.g. A)
    Example for me:
    I want every control assignment mapped to the jog wheel hold/turn. For me, it is jogwheel is F#5 and jogwheel turn is CC025.
    I have only one control assignment for cc025: JogScratch + tempo bend: Encoder/relative assignened to deck A.
    And I have only one control assignment for F#5: Scratch on: Button/hold assigned to deck A.

Maybe you have conditions, or other lines on yours, if you could do what I just did for yours, it may be very helpful.
    (how to do it: preference/controler manager, click on "mapped to" to filter everything and look for cc025 and F#5, or your equivalent)
    Thank you in advance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast