Multi Screens on Multi OS

Default Multi Screens on Multi OS

As a graphic artist years ago I discovered the wonderful world of Extended Desktops and have not looked back since. In the music Production / Dj end of my life this has become a wonderful tool as well.

I do not know how many of us here on DJTT has more then one system in the studio and setups but would it be nice to use one keyboard and mouse for more then one computer, without a KVM switch but rather have each computer act as an extended desktop... even across different OS's

I currently am using WindowsXP Po, Fedora 10, OSX

I found this little open source utility that allows me to use all three computer from one keyboard as if they were extended desktops. It works wonders on productivity and space not having to jump from one keyboard to the next etc...

http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

I urge anyone using more then one system to try this out as it is wonderful.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Guru

if you stay within the mac world you can also try out teleport. i want to mention another utility for mac users and that is a tool that allows you to multi monitor on a system, by using a network connection to another computer and using that other computers display called screenrecycler.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Guru

Apple OSX Spaces FTW

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    if you stay within the mac world you can also try out teleport. i want to mention another utility for mac users and that is a tool that allows you to multi monitor on a system, by using a network connection to another computer and using that other computers display called screenrecycler.
    Sweet both are great solutions to. I am trying them out as we speak.

Although I am mainly on my windows boxes for music. The mac is more for school and graphics applications.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Mentor

im looking at integrating an external screen when i put together my studio. which should be soonish.

Tech Mentor

so you are using 3 monitors also?

greets