Buying a MF pro, but..
    Tech Student

Default Buying a MF pro, but..

Hey!

Well, as the title says im going to buy myself a MF pro. But since im new to digital DJ'ing im kinda lost which layout I should choose. How much does it matter? Cant really choose between Beat Masher and Cue Master.

Right now im using S4 and Traktor Pro 2 and im a regular DJ at clubs. I want something more to play with, something that can enhance and take my sets to the next lvl.

Any tips/thoughts are appreciated

Keep using yor S4 until you find a really use for another controller!!! Iersonally use the MF classic with the S4 and its a great combo!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

I use an s4 too and am trying to decide between the beatmasher and cue master, so :thread bump:

Are there any definitive videos or explanations on the different midi fighters,?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by QUANCE View Post
    I use an s4 too and am trying to decide between the beatmasher and cue master, so :thread bump:

Are there any definitive videos or explanations on the different midi fighters,?
    Well i think the names tell you as much as you are gonna wanna know.

The Cue master is meant more for cue juggling with the ability to use effects as well

and the Beatmasher is more for effects with the ability to do some cue juggling.

With that said i use a Beatmasher with my own modified mapping to get rid of the cue points/beat slicer so its just for effects and i love it to death.
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Tech Mentor

I've got a cue master for $265 shipped. PM me for pics. I am trying to hook up a fellow techtools member and put the cash towards a 3D! Let me know thanks!