Need help......my cans have been canned!!

Default Need help......my cans have been canned!!

Hey peeps,

Just wondering if anyone has any bright ideas as my headphones have taken a turn for the worst.

I have some Senny HD205's, admittedly not the best headphones, but I love them for the fit and the fact that they're only a 1 year or two years old and were going strong.

I was at a party on the weekend DJing and it seems that while I was having a break someone switched over their headphones into the mixer and just let the small jack of mine (the guy was still using my 1/4 inch adapter) fall on the floor while the headphones were on the side.

Now what happened next I can only assume, but I think someone has stood on the jack and bent it as it does seem slightly curved (every so slightly) and they now sound like everything is being played down a tunnel with no bass.

I tried bending them back and it hasn't done anything.

I know they're not expensive but I'm loathed to buy any more to be honest as I'm not that flush to just replace them, is there any suggestions what this may be as I'm only guessing?

If it is the jack is there anyway of just replacing it? If so can someone give me a good walk through that would be great as I had some really old Sony headphones (nothing special) I used to use years ago so I chopped the jack off and there was only 3 tiny little wires in there that really didn't look easy to tack back together with another set.
    Is this the same with Sennys?

Any help would be mucho aprreciato mon amis!!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

With pics ... http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=12878

Burn the colored varnish off the cable tips with a lighter before you try to solder.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Tech Mentor

I likes these 1s
    http://www2.neutrik.com/uk/en/audio/...ugs_group.aspx

Just remember to fit the collar before soldering or you'll have to desolder the wires to fit it ..... like wot I did lolol