Hip-Hop DJ's? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hip-Hop DJ's?

It's because Hip-Hop DJ's are too busy PRACTICING to post on forums...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    I really don't know why most hip hop DJ's are on Serato but it's definitely the case..
    Yes go to the Serato forums and you'll find more Hip Hop Dj's than house Dj's there....myself being one of them

The reason why more Hip Hop DJ's play on Serato is because of the timecode. When Final Scratch/Traktor came out the timecode was very buggy, Serato came out with a better timecode system at the time. If you were a house DJ you could easily play on CD's, but hip hop DJ's used turntables so the logical choice over carrying crates was Serato. The product has progressed and the hip hop culture has embraced SSL.

You don't see many hip hop DJ's here for that same reason --- for the most part this is a "tech tools" forum. Centered ALOT around Traktor, midi mappings, midi controllers, etc. and that caters more to the house DJ. Even worse are the amount of comments posted when someone discusses playing top 40 and that they'd rather shoot themselves than play that kind of music. I think it's just the crowd this place attacts. Not many hip hop DJ's.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

yeah, I'm about 50/50 on the top40/hip-hop and other electronic music, so I can vibe with both sides. I feel the serato forum is more working djs and here is more geared towards enthusiast, niche djing.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by jimbrowski00 View Post
    most hip hop dj's spin on Serato... not saying its better for hip hop it just happened that way for whatever reason.

If you go on the Serato forums most of those guys spin hip hop... hardly any spin any form of EDM. It's almost the exact opposite of this forum.

I spin hip hop and use Traktor though.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    It's because Hip-Hop DJ's are too busy PRACTICING to post on forums...
    QFT

I primarily spin Hip-Hop, I use VDJ. Their forum's got mostly hip-hop and mobile/wedding djs. They're kind of boring, so I hang out here with you guys.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    I primarily spin Hip-Hop, I use VDJ. Their forum's got mostly hip-hop and mobile/wedding djs. They're kind of boring, so I hang out here with you guys.
    hey! i try to make it interesting for mapping, and try to teach people the tools to do it themselves LOL ;p!

hop hop was resurrected for me when a tribe called quest toured, then quickly died when they left... busta & M.O.P. would be awesome to see again though... and the roots would be cool.. and i'd give my left nut to see ONYX... just checked their schedule GONNA SEE 'EM IN JUNE! HELLS YEAH!!!
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Onyx, eh? That takes me back!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Hmmm - listening to onyx right now. Previous track was Beatnuts, and iirc the next is The Lords Of The Underground ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Ohms - throw win some Souls and a little Guru and we've got a party!

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Ohms - throw win some Souls and a little Guru and we've got a party!
    93 to Infinity is one of my favorite songs man... I don't play it often enough!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast