My [humble] setup!

Default My [humble] setup!

Picture 145.jpg

My current set up, nothing much at all compared to others on here but restrictions can help creativity

A stanton scs.3 system running a custom mapping so that I can use it like a four deck mixer (with FX) behind my SL25 also running a custom mapping which controls transport controls for four decks, two group FX, two single FX, four 4 band EQs, filters per deck and 8 sample banks with individual filters for each.

Think I'm doing my first major run with it at a party on sunday, will probably tweak the mapping after that and then upload them to here

Tech Convert

this is super cool i like it.

Mate I totally agree when you say “restrictions can help creativity” and you have a very nice setup there. I pretty sure you can do a lot of “damage” with it.

Tech Convert

^ definitely true

very cool not sure why people on this forum don't seem all that keen on the scs.3 system esp with people using ipads and stuff now - the scs.3's are at least more tactile than that. love the flexability of my scs.3d's.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

The thing I dislike the most about the SCS.3 is that you can't do real smooth EQ and filter fades. I worked my way around the filter by making a part in my old mapping where Id use the headphone buttons as modifiers to turn the crossfader into a big filter strip and also a hold filter on/off, solved the problem! Having to swap the mode each time is a pain in the ass and I'm sure I hadnt seen a 'user friendly' mapping to use all four FX banks.

Whenever I have 'off' days limiting myself to only certain things can definitely put me back on track

P.s. I don't think anyone realised Im using a DJ Hero stand