If you like Techno... original mix, 1605 style check it out. feedback appreciated!

Cool If you like Techno... original mix, 1605 style check it out. feedback appreciated!

Would love some feedback. Still new to the production side of things and this is the first thing I've finished which I'm happy with. Download enabled.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 04-19-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Try moving the ride to the off beat and advancing it a few ms, should give it a good bounce and push. Other than that, for what it is, I can dig it

Alright cool thanks I'll try it. I need to work on the mix, I have little idea what I'm doing and have a crap monitor/room setup right now and it gave me a lot of trouble. I want to get it to feel smoother while still being agressive and driving and right now it sounds kind of abrasive and boomy and I've had trouble getting it under control without losing the edge.

The bass extends most of the frequency range and I want to still have some of the low end while also having the mids with all the harmonics stand out without muddying everything up or being too harsh. This mix is the best of today's attempts.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 04-15-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Easy solution would be to just add an Auralex Exciter on the master, easy enough.

Yeah will try that too. Hmm I think I need to go down on the distortion/noise on the bass I didn't realize it before but I took it up on this last mix and now it has a hint of a psytrance feel.

I took some suggestions from here and on reddit and tweaked the mix a little and tried to make it wider and panned some stuff out a bit more, plus added some stereo effects to let it breathe.

I replaced the original track on soundcloud (same link/track, just updated the file so give it another listen). Hopefully it sounds a little better now.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 04-16-2012 at 10:43 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I definitely like it better now.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I definitely like it better now.

thanks, I fixed the player so it should be all good now.

I think I'm done tweaking this mix, time to move onto the next project and take things a little further.

bloody cool & downloaded
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"