Ascension (Original Mix) by Alchemy. My latest track. FREE DOWNLOAD!
    Tech Mentor

Default Ascension (Original Mix) by Alchemy. My latest track. FREE DOWNLOAD!

Hey guys i've wanted to share with you my last track that will be included in my upcoming EP that will be released soon.

The track is called Ascension and I really canīt describe what type of sound it has LOL, better judge it yourselves.
    Here it is:

DOWNLOAD

Also listen to Kill.I.Am remix

Hope you enjoy it!
    If you comment on soundcloud Iīll be sure to check out your stuff too!

Join Alchεmy on facebook!

Both tracks seem to have the same piano style synth? Anyway i'm liking the remix, is a cool chill dubstep style mix. Grats!

one question, do you know a lot on music theory? play any instrument?

Tech Mentor

I dont consider myself an expert in music theory however I know something, I`ve played bass in classic rock bands for about 5 years, I can also play the guitar, and would love to really know how to play piano.

This made producing easier right? Knowing chords, scales and all that?

Tech Mentor

Yeah of course it really does help, however, the transition isnīt that seamless. I mean, guitar & bass are two instruments that are identical in the way the scales and chords are distributed along the fretboard. As music written with the computer is written with a midi keyboard and long sessions of mouse clicking things may get a little bit weird. Although note progression is the same for every instrument I find that in guitar scales are more interpreted by muscle memory and finger patterns, it is not as clear as in the piano. Butif you learnt guitar first the change to piano is really learning a completely different instrument. If you know piano it can be extremely helpful and time saving. I think that the best advantage of knowing piano is that your recording sessions will be more fun as you can actually improvise and know what you are doing.

Tech Mentor

Sory I got carried away haha.
    One more thing, Iīve realized that a LOT of electronic music is done mainly on A minor or C major scale which corresponds to the white keys to the piano, showing that not every producer on the planet knows music theory however can make extremely good tunes