Mapping MPD32 shift button
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mapping MPD32 shift button

Just purchased an Akai MPD32 and have been mapping for two deck control in conjunction with an external mixer. I've mapped all the pads to control deck functions and now want to also set up a shift option to make the pads trigger hot cues but have run into a problem.

I have to press my shift button twice to toggle it on/off, which completely defeats the point of the LED feedback, since when it's on the LED is off half the time and vice versa.

I've followed these instructions to make my shift button.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Post a screenshot of the mapping window regarding the shift button, so we can "have a look"
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

On

Off
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add a screenshot of the out for shift button also, it could be an output problem, anyway, I can't see clearly the screenshot, I assume you use "direct" to toggle 0-1 with a modifier1-0
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.

Maybe you looked at my reply before I added both screenshots but I've put both up now. In the video I watched the buttons were set to hold...

EDIT: Have tried setting the buttons to direct and still no luck
    Last edited by ohmyjosh; 04-16-2012 at 11:00 AM.

I can't see what is written in the screenshot, and there is not the output command.
    Anyway, you have to set like this, if modifier is 0, button direct to 1
    If modifier is 1, button direct to 0.
    Output should be in range 0-1

Soundcloud.

And try in the mapping window, disable the learn function, try to press shift, and have a look in the small windows on top if m1 change value.

Soundcloud.

Ahhh sorry, I didn't set an output because the LED comes on when I press it by default. Do you think this is because I have the hardware set on the Live preset instead of a generic one?

ALSO, I might not have explained clearly but, after one press the LED is on and the modifier works, after another LED is off but modifier is still on, afte one more the LED is back on but modifier off, and finally another press turns everything off.
    Last edited by ohmyjosh; 04-16-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjosh View Post
    Ahhh sorry, I didn't set an output because the LED comes on when I press it by default. Do you think this is because I have the hardware set on the Live preset instead of a generic one?
    This is good question, you can try, set to generic, and try to map only the shift, and check on the modifier window if it works

Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjosh View Post
    ALSO, I might not have explained clearly but, after one press the LED is on and the modifier works, after another LED is off but modifier is still on, afte one more the LED is back on but modifier off, and finally another press turns everything off.
    I've sorted this problem, so I only have to press the button once and the modifier will change everytime, using the Vyzex software that come with the controller (changing the control to momentary instead of toggle). BUT the LED only comes on for a split second before going off, any help?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast