Using Transitional Tracks (125-81bpm) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

using fx like a flanger on a breakdown sometimes works well for masking your bpm changes too

ok...im f'en pissed off, I just uploaded a video to youtube to show you guys how to go from 85 bpm to 130 & 130 BPM to 95 BPM and it got booted for copyright.

Its a f'en remix! WTF! "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by WMG"
    Thats bullshit! Youtube sux!

what a waste of time.

*** Edit ***

i uploaded the tracks to imeem (viva napster j/k)

Kid Cudi - Day N Nite 130 bpm to 95 bpm

Depeche Mode Vs New Order - Wrong Monday 85 bpm to 130 bpm

or this one made it on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBMsN0DMhYk

I upload the DM Vs New Order to soundcloud

http://soundcloud.com/jesc/dm-vs-new...nday-jesc-edit
    Last edited by JesC; 05-10-2009 at 10:09 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Cant get the vids working dude, i wanna see the DM vs NO one
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

if a transition is yet to tough to perform it yourself, i wouldn't mind anyone using a transition track. it's still better than f'cking the transition up imo. what you should do is change the bpm of the song in traktor while it plays if you want it to be synced on both ends. i do this all the time when i switch from a recorded mix of mine running on a house party (which runs while i'm drinking, chatting, we.) to actually performing myself. i can't beatmatch myself really so that works for me.

i probably wouldn't even hate on a "dj" spinning a prerecorded mix if that at least keeps him from messing up the whole mix because he sucks at what he's doing lol (which happens to be with alot of so called djs)

also i would prefer to record a transition myself instead of using someone else's transition and then finally of course learn to perform it live because at the end thats what djing is all about, isn't it.

like the transition on day 'n nite house to dubstep! thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Cant get the vids working dude, i wanna see the DM vs NO one
    Here you go

http://soundcloud.com/jesc/dm-vs-new...nday-jesc-edit

Yeah, I'm with JesC. Just do the mix yourself. It's not that hard. And if you're buying other peoples transitions, isn't that just like paying someone else to DJ for you?
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by Monika.mhz View Post
    ...if you're buying other peoples transitions, isn't that just like paying someone else to DJ for you?
    QFT!

I know that my edits were no perfect, i only spent about 5 min on each one, but if you are serious about using tracks like this to go from 90 bpm to 130 bpm, just make it on ur own.

You can go from 90 to 120 in a sudden jump on the fly live if you cut our from a nice if you drop in your track on the downbeat of the 90 track then start using cue points to cut the 90bmp track in time with the 120bmp track.

For this kind of a mix if your going up you want to go down dramaticly you times your track bpm by 0.75 and if you want to go up dramatically you times by 1.3333333333

As long as your using the right portions of the track to do these tempo changes then your mix is gonna sound nice After you finished doing this pat yourself on the back because it is certainly one of the more advanced mixing techniques that we have at our disposals, its also alot more rewarding and fun to execute than putting on a track that does the same thing.

Theres no reason why you have to make or buy a tracks to do these kinds of transitions for you - do it on the fly live for 100x the style and skill points

It seems shocking to me as a MAJOR part of my style is moving from different BPMs all night and still keeping my floor.

If I had all my tempo changes pre-made I'd be spending half my night on my bum drinking a jack and coke.

Sometimes the best tempo change mixes don't involve BPM change at all. Not all mixes have to be beatmatched with perfect seamless integration.

Also, FWIW, that 'transition track' in the OP, kinda sucked IMO. It could have been waaaay cooler if done live and creatively.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Hey Jess i checked the DM/NO trak out on soundcloud there after having to sign up lol. Nicely done dude, thats pretty much how i do tempo changes when i go from say prog up to goa etc. Dang i feel like doing a new mashup now ha hmm, blue monday (hardfloor version) vs ? *

*suggestions
    Last edited by Jester; 05-11-2009 at 08:17 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast