Using Transitional Tracks (125-81bpm)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Using Transitional Tracks (125-81bpm)

I purchased some transition tracks from strictlyhits.com to be able to jump my current music from 125bpm-81bpm as well as 89bpm-126bpm. After 6 months of DJing, I notice that I have to crawl around my playlists for songs within 10-20bpm range in order to get to a song being requested thats out of this range.

While its easy to fade into the transitional track, I have to manualy sync out of it. Because Traktor still thinks the transition track is 125bpm though its now in the 81bpm portion.

Are transitional tracks meant to be used for serato users or is there a way I can use these in Traktor Pro. I know I can set up multiple grid markers but when I adjust the second grid marker to the secondarly BPM, it adjusts the first one as well. Is there a work around and if not, what do you recommend doing in order to keep the current momemtum on the dance floor and still change up the tempo to introduce slower or faster paced songs?

Are you wanting to actually beatmatch these transitions? Personally if i'm gonna change the BPM by more than say 10 i would actually consider doing a "soft" mix, as even with keylock some tracks sound shit when slowed down/sped up too much.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

What I would do it rename the id3 song name to Artist - Song - 81 BPM - 126 BPM so you know that the next track you load has to be around 126 bpm and you can manually adjust the tempo.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    What I would do it rename the id3 song name to Artist - Song - 81 BPM - 126 BPM so you know that the next track you load has to be around 126 bpm and you can manually adjust the tempo.
    Heres the link of the transition I purchased:

Right Round It's Goin Down (Transition Down 125-80)

Its pretty good and would work well if traktor new that this song was actually 2 different BPMs.

I am currently loading a track an manually setting it to 80bpm to fade into, on the fly right on time with the clap from the transition track.

If you right click on the TEMPO +/- it comes up with Min/fine/default/course/switch. Even at "min" I can only get the next track to 80.06 BPM, which isn't noticable at first, but I would expect a little more precession.

I'm just....I'm just really confused as to why you would need a "transitional track" wouldn't it be just as easy to pre-mix these? or even do these mixes live?

*confused*

I'm not "hating" i'm just...confused.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Tech Wizard

Sure I could premix it, or I could pay someone else I work full time and while I made my own stuff, I was just blown away by some of this material. Which I thought would inspire me to make my own if I ever get to that level. But for $3, I thought, that would save me a lot of time at the moment.

So wait...you mean I could start an entire business around me doing short 1 minute mixes?? *shocked*
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by Monika.mhz View Post
    So wait...you mean I could start an entire business around me doing short 1 minute mixes?? *shocked*
    Yep it's really a shame that people don't even scratch the surface of what their DJ software can do .

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Im a bit confused with this one as well.
    If you have to change from 89bpm to 126 bmp then theres not enough programing going on in your set. You must have a few tunes to put inbetween that can make the transition easier.
    Its not hard to go from R&B to House tempo if you program the set right and remember some tracks have intros that need to whacked straight in.

If a track starts at 89bpm theres no reason why it shouldnt be 95bpm by the time your ready to mix in the next track that starts at 95bpm by gradually increasing the bpm . Do this with 3 tracks and your ready to start the house mix.

You mentioned Flo Rida... "Low" was a great example of an 'R&B' track that leads perfectly into dance. The Intro is one of those that you can simply drop out of any other R&B track. Dont feel that you HAVE to beatmatch all tracks. Thats just crap. The last few bars of that track are perfect for looping and mixing in your first housey 125bpm track .

Your wasting your money buying 'Transition Tracks' in fact i never knew they existed. Someone is making money from doing fuck all.
    And in all honesty making money from what you should be doing your self by what i like to call...... DJing.
    (i hope that doesnt sound to twatish, im just saying).
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 05-10-2009 at 03:01 AM.

what i do when i'm moving from house into some more upbeat prog or trance, is use a "transition" track with a nice long break near the end with no hats, snares or anything in it to make the tempo shift less obvious, and bump up the bpm say from 128-138 during that break for example. Using the master sync bring the other track up including the beats in that break, loop the first track when it kicks back in with lows and maybe highs killed, and ur away laffing. Just takes some experimentation, practise and some lateral thinking (and being drunk)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast