how many songs do you keep in your traktor collection?

Default how many songs do you keep in your traktor collection?

i keep my music in a folder hierarchy on my pc, and have been trying to keep my track collection in traktor under 1000. if i get 5 new songs i try to get rid of 5 old ones. i dont know why im doing this, its like a little voice told me to lol.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

If you have them well organised then I don't see where there should be a limit. Some weekends I'm not coming home between shows so I want to make sure I every musical base covered.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

I import my whole iTunes in and use playlists for the stuff I'm most likely to play, so if something random comes up its analysed and ready to drop, always boot Traktor before I leave for a gig for it to check the consistency and then put it to sleep
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Tech Guru

I have about 3000-ish songs in the Traktor Collection. At one point I tried to pull in the whole collection and things ground to a halt....so I stopped that.

I do have the "Check Consistency on Startup" option enabled. And is takes <2 minutes to startup Traktor. This is mostly a safety thing for me...as I mess with tags using a non-iTunes based tag editor. Checking consistency on startup keeps me from getting out of sync.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Convert

I used to have about 2500 songs but I decided to start afresh and rebuilt my collection from scratch with itunes and beatport - I started DJing internally with an Apogee duet and it really showed how crap alot of my MP3s were and now I have a library of 450 songs and ontop i'm slowly building my collection of samples and stuff deleting songs can be daunting at first but it's like getting your head shaved...once you start it feels liberating!

Tech Mentor

Organized by month, Then use Stars to label my songs from type of track I would use from a opening night or closing music.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hrtbrkd View Post
    Organized by month, Then use Stars to label my songs from type of track I would use from a opening night or closing music.
    This, funnily enough that's exactly what I do, I find it easier to go back as I roughly know when the track was out and bought.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Tech Guru

Currently everything which is 235605 tracks. Some are duplicates as I recreate any playlists and store them in a folder on my internal drive. This way the stuff I generally play is always ready to go without the need for the external drive. I need a clear out but don't know where to start now. Traktor has no problem handling this collection so I wouldn't worry about importing (most not analysed). Boot time is about 5 mins though.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've got about 6500 in mine
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I usually keep about 200 songs per genre, working out to about 1000 songs that i play through. But i usually only keep 200 per each genre so when something new comes in i delete an old one that isnt that great and replace it.

I use grouping, comments, genre, and rating to organize all my music...

Grouping : The feel of the song, Bouncy, Synths, Vocals, High Energy, Swing, Banging, Big Room ETC

Comments is the Key field

Genre - the Base Genre of the song...like Electro/Progressive/House (then i use the Grouping to be more specific to the song)

Rating - Energy of the song/Time to play the song...1-Mellow Chill/Beginning 5-Banging/Peak Hours.

By using the Smart playlist in Itunes i will make auto play lists depending on the Stars/and Grouping tags

Keeps everything super organized and easy to find whenever i need it
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.