Behringer Ableton
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Behringer Ableton

Sem Título.jpg

What do you think about that?

Maybe one X/Y pad is a good idea but behringer don't have any at any other product.

10x10 Lauchpad
    Effect Rack Controller
    4x4 Drum machine + scene mode(like maschine)

each channel:
    -Solo
    -Mute
    -REC
    -CUE
    -3 knobs
    -1 fader

4 buttons on master fader top:
    Shift(for custom mapping)
    EQ Mode
    Send Mode
    Filter/LFO/Pan Mode
    3 modes to the 3 knobs of each channel

at the right of the controller
    4x2 buttons is the same of APC 40 device control

3 buttons on crossfader top, Play, Rec, Stop
    and the anothers 3 buttons...
    I don't remember now...lol

sorry the bad english

any question just ask, maybe behringer see this idea and make this great apc40 challenger.

3 knobs per channel are unreasonable. since they have LED rings around the knobs, they can jump between Pan and Sends with switch buttons on the side of the mixer section, similar to how the Pan/sends are currently done on the APC40. the 4x4 drum pads are totally unnecessary, and "scene mode" would require REALLY intense software modification. and X-Y pad would be a better idea, I think.
    This however, seems like it is going to be too big. There is a reason the APC's clip launch matrix isn't bigger than 8x5. 8x8 would already be pushing it with the size, or require uncomfortable reductions in pad size

Tech Student

Maybe at studio 3 knobs are unreasonable, but for live act?
    I never see someone using only APC 40, it was always APC40+Maschine+Mixer ou Ipod or another device.
    4x4 drum pad unnecessary, then Maschine is unnecessary for DJ too.
    Scene mode a problem?
    X-Y is a great idea,to me is the only think they need to add at this controller, and is not a expensive tecnology but they don't have any controller with X-Y, I design that only with copy paste of the new controllers.
    Yes the device is a little big...lol but how many guys use APC40+APC20, because they don't have enough clips lauchers.
    APC 40 is a great device, but is not a complete one, many shift modes can be confuse.

looks pretty big. i think i'd prefer behringer to finally release their modular controllers and then maybe even add some more to the line. if u want something like an apc40 tho u may as well buy an apc40 to be useful as line eq+levels it would need at least 3 pots per channel and encoders mostly suck for that anyway. just stick two MM-1's or K2's together and u have nice control over 8 channels without needing any layers.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by ajrindy View Post
    and "scene mode" would require REALLY intense software modification. and X-Y pad would be a better idea, I think.
    not really - even my midimasher has builtin layer/scene switching with full led recall etc. doesn't take much.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Student

To give a size idea...
    size.jpg
    is 3,5 behringer modular X 1,5 behringer modular.
    I don't know the real dimensions because they don't have at behringer site, at NAMM they use 3 modulars together more 0,5 less 0,5...
    is a big device, but is a really complete one...in my opinion

yup - pretty big. ofc the advantage of modular controllers (and why so far i have only bought cheap modular ones) is that u can mix and match to create *your* own ideal setup. controllers like the apc40 or all-on-one dj controllers fix u into what they think u want.

the behinger ones can even attach together using a bottom screwed in plate if u want a more rigid setup.

there's also the isssue of available space if playing out in a club ofc - much more likely being able to fit a few small controllers around the existing setup.

Tech Student

you're right, but like I say before this is for live act, and for live act they already know you need space
    like my teacher, he use: Maschine+APC 40+Ipad+Mixer
    my idea is to use that at studio, of course at studio APC40 is enough for the job
    but for live act you need something more...
    you need the big behringer toy xD

Tech Guru

That controller would be roughly 21" x 18". That's pretty insanely huge. I would much rather handle Ableton Live and Bitwig though modular controllers. That way people can pick the control groups that are important to them. Not everyone uses the software in the same way.

And personally, I expect to see a lot of DJs moving away from Ableton in the near future. Most of the new DJ software being developed has very compelling production and performance capability. I think this trend is going to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    That controller would be roughly 21" x 18". That's pretty insanely huge. I would much rather handle Ableton Live and Bitwig though modular controllers. That way people can pick the control groups that are important to them. Not everyone uses the software in the same way.

And personally, I expect to see a lot of DJs moving away from Ableton in the near future. Most of the new DJ software being developed has very compelling production and performance capability. I think this trend is going to continue.
    That is what I do with my Ableton setup...Launchpad for clip launching, Korg nanoKontrol2 for channel faders etc...and a BCR2000 for all the knobs and FX control. I could see adding something like a CMD DV-1 for controlling FX...or maybe a DC-1 for some FX and a 4x4 drum machine....

Actually, an MM-1 and an LC-1 gives you a nice minimal 4-channel Ableton setup....lots of neat possibilities actually.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast