Zedd on the Sync button - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Nice. If anyone fancies skipping to the end, use what I call the 'time machine' or 'search' button at the top right of the screen there. You'll get an up close, slow motion replay of the car crash that's about to happen here, from every possible angle. Enjoy!
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Student

for real? if you use the sync button, you can spend WAY more time being creative with effects and other mixing. i can beatmatch by ear but i really think its a waste of time unless you're trying to prove to someone that you can do it.

I think everyone should know how to do it.. no matter if its using a controller, cdj, TT or whatever.
    Its like using a calculator to add. sure you can use it, especially if your adding multiple numbers fast, but you cant actually add unless you can get the answer on your own
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

*facepalm*

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rdubs View Post
    See all those people there? When you can pack a house like that I think you are entitled to deliver your music in whatever way you choose. Sync is not going anywhere, get with the times. This subject is so old, if you dont like sync, it's pretty simple, dont use it. Zedd is an incredibly gifted musician who comes from a classical music background, I'd imagine he has more talent in his toenails than 99% of the haters do in their whole being.
    I'm with you until the Zedd nutriding bit. He's a popular mainstream dance music producer, not Brian fucking Eno. I swear if I read one more fucking DJ bio that mentions a "classical music background"...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rdubs View Post
    See all those people there? When you can pack a house like that I think you are entitled to deliver your music in whatever way you choose. Sync is not going anywhere, get with the times. This subject is so old, if you dont like sync, it's pretty simple, dont use it. Zedd is an incredibly gifted musician who comes from a classical music background, I'd imagine he has more talent in his toenails than 99% of the haters do in their whole being.
    While I agree with your eventual point (that sync/manual is not as important as some people want to make it seem), the ability to "pack a house" isn't the defining feature in being entitled to deliver one's music in whatever way one chooses.

Being a person is what entitles one to deliver one's music in whatever way one chooses.

Being a DJ is about playing recorded music to an audience. Being a commercially successful DJ doesn't make one a more valid DJ, or a more worthwhile DJ, or even a more important DJ. It just makes one a commercially successful DJ ...
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Quote Originally Posted by RAVVR View Post
    for real? if you use the sync button, you can spend WAY more time being creative with effects and other mixing. i can beatmatch by ear but i really think its a waste of time unless you're trying to prove to someone that you can do it.
    Proof that not all low-post-count members are noobs... RAVVR speaks the truth!

I could argue that driving a horse and carriage makes me a purist....it would also make me late for work.

Sync button FTW!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    Proof that not all low-post-count members are noobs... RAVVR speaks the truth!

I could argue that driving a horse and carriage makes me a purist....it would also make me late for work.

Sync button FTW!
    Not if you left earlier.

RAVVR speaks truth in the sense that one ends up with more time to do other stuff. The question in my mind is whether one should.

More time to use effects? If the tune needs an effect to be interesting, I won't play it.

Other mixing? sure, it makes a 3 or 4 (or more) deck mix easier to pull off. This makes sense in Techno (and some of the less busy House styles). It doesn't make a lot of sense in Breaks (as an example).

Possibly I'm just uptight because I'm too lazy to fix the mistakes Traktor regularly makes on the autogrid, so sync isn't as useful to me as it could be
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Tech Mentor

If Roger Sanchez can rock 4 decks at a time w/o "sync"; why can't you?

Tech Wizard

if someone could manually beatmatch a song in the EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF TIME as they could use sync, why would it matter which they uesd? if they can sync a song faster, why not do that? thats like telling someone whos great at beatmatching "nah bro, just use sync cuz its harder for you" just because sync might be "Easier" doesnt make it any worse then manually beatmatching. if you could beatmatch to the point where no one could tell if youre using sync or beatmatching, then who would ever realise it? its all personal preference so i dont get why people get so butthurt over things like this
    Numark Mixtrack Pro - Novation Launchpad - VDJ 7 PRO (dont hate I like VDJ) - Ableton suite 8.x.x - Thinkpad 13' Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWoods View Post
    It shouldnt matter how you make people dance, just as long as you do.
    ...that last bit is completely sig-able if anyone chooses to.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast