Gemini CDJ 700 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gemini CDJ 700

You didn't notice it had been beat up every night in a club for a fraction of a decade, and still functioned completely? Feeling "plasticy" means absolutely nothing when when everything feels solid, and you're positive that after being slammed on for the millionth time, that button isn't going to get launched through the floor, and is going to have the snappiest response available. But no, you're right, they're plastic, so they must be overpriced crap that doesn't last very long.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    You think that one company's success means that no other brand is capable of making reliable gear?
    Yes I do.

Searched on user reviews about this player & it does seems to get a pretty satisfactory rating. The much talked downside is the platter feel, it's too heavy..
    I do have some interest in this Gemini player tbh..

Tech Student

all,

while it's known that gemni does/did have a not-so-well track record....

It looks like the CDJ-700 and the CDMP-7000 series of players/sets do have a pretty good price/performance ratio.
    Now, when it comes to build quality I also would like to say that the CDJ1000MK3 almost has the same feel -- plastic.
    The buidl quality doesn't always have to say aything. The ioneers have shown partly ther durability while these pleyers haven't yet.

So instead of bashing, why don't we start tryingthem and use/abue them the same way? Note that you must also look at details like:

CDJ-700 EUR 555
    CDJ-2000 EUR 1799

The major difference between the two units currently are:

a) price
    b) lack of linking players on CDJ-700
    c) no way to store cue points on SDcard CDJ-700 (could be fixed in s/w)

Especially when you have the stuff at home, and/or people who care about equipment, I believe that the price
    alone itself is enough reason to at least test them. You can get 6 (!) CDJ-700's for two CDJ-2000's.
    So even if you break 4 CDJ-700's you still have money left.

Having said all this, I am receiving a complete CDMP-7000 set on a week or two and have the ability to test it for 30 days.
    I'll let you know how it went and how it compares to the pioneer stuff. I do know they're defacto standards but the price is
    not easy to step over. I mean 5000 euros for a pioneer set at home or 1000 euros?

Roeland

Quote Originally Posted by lucasmanning View Post
    i wouldn't trust any cd decks that werent pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by DjZzeless View Post
    Yes I do.
    Pioneer indeed makes nice DJ gear. No one can deny that. Pioneer isn't the only brand that makes DECENT Dj gear.
    Brands like Gemini and JB Systems make crap gear (no offence).
    A brand like Denon DJ however makes pretty decent DJ gear. I would eventually choose a Denon DN-S3700 over a Pioneer CDJ-1000 and a DN-S3900 over a CDJ-2000.
    Please check out my blog at http://dj-leaks.blogspot.com/.
    Don't hestitate to e-mail of PM me

Quote Originally Posted by roeland View Post
    ...Having said all this, I am receiving a complete CDMP-7000 set on a week or two and have the ability to test it for 30 days.
    I'll let you know how it went and how it compares to the pioneer stuff. I do know they're defacto standards but the price is
    not easy to step over. I mean 5000 euros for a pioneer set at home or 1000 euros?
    Interesting, keep us updated!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucasmanning View Post
    i wouldn't trust any cd decks that werent pioneer
    Don't belive the hype. I just bought 2 CDJ 900s and DJM 700. One deck has a faulty output and keeps freezing, the pots on the mixer move that much they feel like they will snap off. Also the latency with Traktor is terrible to the extent I can't trust it enough to gig with.
    I also have 2 Radius 3000s and for the price and the features on them it makes me wonder why the Pio's are so expensive. I also have a behringer DDM4000, again for the money this is an awesome mixer. The sound quality of the DJM 700 is better but it lacks the features of the DDM which is half the price. A higher price and Bigger hype doesn't count for squat after you've spent you hard earned money and find you've got the bad apple in the barrel.
    I looked at the Gemini CDJ 700 and thought it was a good deck for the money but I didn't like the screen. The deal maker for me with the Pio's was rekord box as I can look at ditching Traktor

Tech Convert

I think this is a great alternative, it gives the club ponies they layout they want and shows what a CDJ could cost if truckloads weren’t given away to venues and people who really could afford their own.

Even if these couldn’t stand up to the environment inside a venue I’m sure they would be fine at home and I’m sure there would be some kind of warranty on them. Just a pair of these and a copy of rekord box to prep your shiz and your sorted.

I know some of you guys depend on pioneer been in the booth, but really it’s high time pio were told to GTFO cause they really are ripping you guys off.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie bula View Post
    Even if these couldn’t stand up to the environment inside a venue I’m sure they would be fine at home and I’m sure there would be some kind of warranty on them... but really it’s high time pio were told to GTFO cause they really are ripping you guys off.
    Those two statements contradict each other just a bit.

In related news, the CDJ-350s are now around $550 a deck off of Amazon. For an extra $100 over the Geminis, you can get a really solid set of players, with Rekordbox support. That's looking to be the best deal for the price as of now.

Not sure I'd call the CDJ350s really solid players.

I bet you Gemini has some rekordbox/engine style software in the works, it's the current trendy thing and I remember seeing them hinting at it on their youtube channel.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast