Kontol S2 Select/Set + Store Hot Cue 5-6-7-8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor 3.1.1.8 S2 Mk1 Mappings for accessing hotcue 5-8

Hi guys,
    I am a noob with an S2 mk1 and latest version of Traktor.
    I am wondering how to map the hotcues 5-8 to the Cue buttons 1-4 (for deck A and B) by using the SHIFT key as a modifier.

I have looked online and have read many suggestions - I have tried to map it myself twith no luck as yet. I have even tried the mappings in the .zip file above in this thread.

However, nothing seems to work: with shift pressed, hotcue 1 = hotcue 1 (not '5').

Could this be because my version of traktor is newer than what this thread was originally about (i.e., Traktor in 2012 vs 2019)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acac View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am a noob with an S2 mk1 and latest version of Traktor.
    I am wondering how to map the hotcues 5-8 to the Cue buttons 1-4 (for deck A and B) by using the SHIFT key as a modifier.

I have looked online and have read many suggestions - I have tried to map it myself twith no luck as yet. I have even tried the mappings in the .zip file above in this thread.

However, nothing seems to work: with shift pressed, hotcue 1 = hotcue 1 (not '5').

Could this be because my version of traktor is newer than what this thread was originally about (i.e., Traktor in 2012 vs 2019)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Try this mate: S2 Cue 5-8 Edit.zip

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Try this mate: S2 Cue 5-8 Edit.zip
    Thanks heaps Stewe - What you sent me works insofar as navigating to HOTCUE 5-8 (by pressing SHIFT + 1 to 4).

However, this deletes hotcues 1 through 4 at the same time (depending on whichever cue button I press).

Is there something I would need to do to prevent this from happening?

- perhaps I need to use a different modifier, other than SHIFT to access hotcues 5 through 8 ?

I was thinking maybe using holding in the left Loop dial for each deck as the modifier instead of shift (do you think that would limit any other functions of the S2? - I've tried pressing it on its own and it doesn't seem to do anything on its own...)

Thanks again for your mapping.

(Ps appologies for delayed reply)
    Last edited by acac; 05-24-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Tech Convert

Edit:
    I tried changing the Device Mapping of 'Modifier #1' to 'Left.Loop.Active' in the file you gave me, and that doesn't work.

It simply navigates to Cue points 1 to 4.

Any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12