Do You Want To Battle?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Do You Want To Battle?!

So last night, I was playing away in the bar, it was pretty quiet all night, so I was just playing some deeper stuff that people could chill to. About midnight, this guy hands me a note - I thought it might be a request, so I take a look... "DO YOU WANT TO BATTLE??".

"If you got some CDs, sure we can play back to back, but I don't battle, I'm too stoned for that right now."

So he trots off and gets his CDs. I show him which channels on the mixer the CDJs are on, and tell him to try and keep things in the same vibe. So out of the 2 CDJs one is playing, the other is stopped. He reaches over to the nearest (playing) one and hits the eject button. The bar goes silent and everyone looks across at the booth.

"Errr. Dude, wtf are you doing????"
    "Ooops, sorry man, I didn't know that was playing!"
    "And the fact that I just told you 3 times which one to use didn't give you a hint??"

So anyway, he bungs a CD in, and starts it up... it's like a minute and a half of crowd cheering and ominous strings, from which he cuts into some godawful hiphop. I'm just staring in disbelief, the same as everyone else in the place. After about a minute, I regain some sense of wtf is happening here and start going off on one at him "dude, I don't know where the f**k you think you are, but you got off on the wrong f***ing island to be playing that sh!t, get off my decks"
    "no, it's ok man, I'm just playing this one cos it goes nicely into this house track I got"
    "It f***ing better."

So I give him the benefit of the doubt, more than anything I'm just interested to see what he does with this... He cues up his next track. Then for about 10 seconds there's about a million beats going on all over the place, as he fades from 90bpm hip-hop to 140bpm techno. By now every person in the bar is either leaving or screaming at this retard to get off. I wind down the playing deck, eject the CD, and throw it to the barman, who ceremonially burnt it and put it in the bin.

There's no point or moral to any of this by the way, it was just a "WTF????!" moment, especially after the whole "DO YOU WANT TO BATTLE??" thing, I thought the guy might at least have some skills, but clearly not.

Fus

hahahahaha. made my day. thx

Bah, I wouldn't respond to it, until I would know what he would play.

+1 on the ritual burning though!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Arrrghhhhh Grrrrrrrr. Makes my blood boil.
    I cant even bring myself to make up some funny comment.
    I need to calm down..!

Seriously, im not a violent man but ..... people like that....

No worries mate, sympathies are enough.. I guess? :P
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

So...Fus...couldn't handle my heat could ya?

I'll battle you again...anytime, anywhere. Oh and I ejected that CD to make you look foolish and me like TIESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

wow... well, teaches you to be nice.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Chilly, you sly devil you.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    So...Fus...couldn't handle my heat could ya?

I'll battle you again...anytime, anywhere. Oh and I ejected that CD to make you look foolish and me like TIESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Yeah... You made me feel like a total n00b with yo mad skillz, dawg. Now don't come back

I guess I always had you pegged as more of an ambient kinda guy Chilly

Fus

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RufusWhite View Post

I guess I always had you pegged as more of an ambient kinda guy Chilly
    Hah now that is funny... About as ambient as a house-fire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast