Approaching producing a track
    Tech Mentor

Default Approaching producing a track

Hey guys, i've been actively learning ableton for about 2 months and am really looking forward to producing my own track. Could you give me recommendations on where to starts? Does this order make sense:
    1. beat
    2. bass line
    3. melody/hook
    4. additional sounds
    5. arranging
    6. mastering

I also am wondering if it makes sense to polish sounds individually or work on all of them once all, tied together, after getting a rough version of all sounds.

Any tips (best practises/your ways of doing) on how to best approach producing a house song in a step-by-step format is much appreciated!
    V

There's no wrong or right way to approach the creative process. If you try to approach the same way every time, then you're going to end up with the same kind of track every time. And who says a track needs a melody or hook, or even a bassline for that matter?

And how the hell do you go from arranging to the mastering process? What about your mixdown?

Tech Mentor

Ok, thanks, I understand your point. Mixdown is when you arrange frequencies/panning etc to get all sounds sit nicely together?

Mixdown is basically trying to get everything balanced right so it all sounds clean and spacious while having depth as well.