quality portable dj box

Default quality portable dj box

Hi guys, im posting this up for a few light and sound engineer friends of mine to see what the feedback is like.

http://www.visionpromotions.co.uk/#!__VMS-DJ100
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/VMS-D...57606054359387

the problem being, mobile dj's pretty much have the option of a starcloth/sheet or lightboxes or even just a table, here's the info from their site, they explain better than i can :

The VMS DJ100 is designed and manufactured in the UK to the highest standards, made from a strong plywood construction and covered in a tuff scratch resistant acrylic paint.

The VMS DJ100 comprises of front, sides and a strong work shelf for cd players, pc, mixers etc. and has 6 x 13amp sockets and an LED work light built into the unit.

Dismantles very quick and easy with the unit clipping and bolting together making setup, transportation and storage very easy

Comes complete with a 15m power cable and software for programming of the LED display. including full scrolling text allowing the user to input messages, names, announcements etc.

Size. 2000mm x 1200mm x 400mm

I have tried out one of these and there is plenty of deskspace for laptop, soundcard, 2xcdj's/tt's, mixer and controller.

all of the info is on the above website/facebook page. any thoughts / opinions would be appreciated, post them here and i'll relay them.

brian.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

First thought is that their website shouldn't be flash based or at least should have a non flash version, I can't open it on my iPhone. What's the retail on one of these?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

i'll tell them to get that sorted, it's not too cheap it's they're launching it at £1595 but the build quality is fantastic.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    First thought is that their website shouldn't be flash based or at least should have a non flash version, I can't open it on my iPhone. What's the retail on one of these?
    Yeah, fuck the vast majority of internet users, what about Iphones?

It's £1600 mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    Yeah, fuck the vast majority of internet users, what about Iphones?
    Lol, tbf that's the first site I've EVER found that totally refuses to tell you anything unless you have flash installed. Looks cool, shame I don't have £1600 in my back pocket!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Lol, tbf that's the first site I've EVER found that totally refuses to tell you anything unless you have flash installed. Looks cool, shame I don't have £1600 in my back pocket!
    Yeah, I'd get one np, looks great, but I've promised myself a great big hoofing soundsystem before LED lights.

Out at the Cellar Door on teh weekend Pint?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    Out at the Cellar Door on teh weekend Pint?
    I'll PM you to avoid polluting this thread!