routing traktor into ableton - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Why bother with a crossfader without giving us the full monty :-S
    maybe in live9 if its not vapourware already? i was thinking about holding off till upgrading - but who knows how long live9 will be and sounds like it might be quite a rewrite so probably not all that awesome when it first comes out anyway maybe? i'd hate to upgrade to live8 now tho and then live9 be released next month and be awesome
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

sorry to hijack your thread but I'm wanting to route traktor through ableton on one laptop. i've got an hp pavilion dv6 with i3 and 4gb RAM. i'm running windows 7 with traktor pro 2 and live8. I've also got a audio2 soundcard - soon to have an audio4

i've seen the video from dubspot and hrtbrkd but what i need is a fairly straightforward, step by step guide on how to do this.

any chance you can either help me out or point me in the right direction?

i've find loads of info on how to do it on a mac but not a lot for windows. any help greatly appreciated!!!!

i've seen the video from dubspot about synching the two, which really is step by step. the only difference is that you don't have the builtin virtual midi port in traktor so you need to use something like loopMIDI or loopBE. synching on windows is nothing like as solid as synching on mac tho - you'd be fine so long as u don't mind some manual nudging in ableton (or traktor if u sync that way round)

for audio routing you'd need to use something like "jack". i haven't really tried that so can't be much help - soundflower on mac was very simple to setup so i stuck with it. most all of the steps from dubspot will apply to windows as well as mac tho.

is it audio or midi sync or both you're wanting to do?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

i think both

Quote Originally Posted by wevchild View Post
    i think both
    well might as well start with one of the two then... i'd use loopMIDI probably for the midi sync. download that and create a virtual port and then follow what is on the dubspot video - but using your loopMIDI port instead of the builtin traktor one.

nice one, i'll give it a go tomorrow!! cheers bud!

right, i've cracked the midi routing. couldn't get loop midi working but sorted it with loopBE. how about the audio then?

i *think* your only free option on pc is jack http://jackaudio.org/ - it's what people seem to use.

i think thats what dubspot used in his youtube video anyway?

assuming it routes like soundflower all u really want to do is select external mixing mode on traktor, choose jack as your output audio device and select the different channels

in ableton enable the same jack sound device, click the I-O icon on the far right to open the I/O routing. add as many audio tracks as u want audio routed in from traktor (i just use 3 - route decks C/D into the same one) and select "Ext In" for "Audio From" and then the name of the channel (that you send to in traktor) in the pulldown below it.

that's pretty much it i think.

I believe that's correct, though Jack has it's quirks. IIRC, it takes a while to set up on its own. It's more powerful than Soundflower, but it's also more of a headache.

i did install jack on windows once out of curiosity and it seemed pretty complicated to do what i thought should be simple. soundflower may not be all that flexible but works out of the box...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast