Controlling 4 decks in Traktor, using two turntables.

Default Controlling 4 decks in Traktor, using two turntables.

Oh hear me mighty DJTT Oracle

Mate o'mine is about to make the leap from VCI100 FW1.4 and TP1 to 2xturntables and a mixer and TSP2

He plays minimal an wants to know if it's possible to control 4 decks using 2 turntables (I know, I don't know why he's got turntables rather than CDJs for a style that really isn't suited to scratching)

I play hip-hop and only use two decks, so have never tried this - I assumed it wasn't easy to do, until my mate pointed out that the DJTT vci100 mapping lets you do this (via the deck C & D buttons)

The only way I could think of doing this is to swap decks between being scratch controlled and internally controlled one you were done cueing and the track was playing (i.e track 1 playing (scratch controlled), cue track 2 (scratch controlled) when you want to bring in three change track 2 to internal mode and track 3 to scratch controlled and cue it in ...) seems like a PITA if you ask me ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

with a certified 4 channel soundcard (audio 8/10) and 4 channel mixer it should be doable.

just map a couple of "copy to deck c/d" buttons on keyboard or controller a la vci and there it is... i think
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Gonna confuse him.....wait and see.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Check it out, Ohms:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=50695

Pretty sure this'll have me reaching for the credit card...

I want to be able to launch a track with timecode ('cos, y'know - scratchin' n' shit... ) but after the track has been launched, you don't really need vinyl control (unless you're keeping it in sync with another traktor deck - but even then, just map a button to tempo nudge up/down once vinyl control has been de-selected) so, you could switch timecode control OFF and launch another track on a separate Traktor Deck using your TT...

Pretty bloody exciting, actually!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Yeah it's possible. He could even do 4 decks with just 1 TT if desired.
    When you switch the timecode control to another deck the original deck automatically switches over to internal playback.
    The only problem I've found is that you need a controller or keyboard mapping with pitch bend and maybe a pitch fader and play/stop button assigned to make corrections and stop the deck. I have added a few lines and tweaked the mapping for a pair of scs3ds for those functions, timecode control and browsing/loading, thinking the 3ds would be ideal for the job with their relative faders but you could do the same with any controller and a couple of mods to change the jogwheel functions imo.