Ms Pinky and such....
    Tech Mentor

Default Ms Pinky and such....

discuss.

BentoSan uses it and has some gnarley custom scripted version of it. I use it too on ocassion havent really messed with it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Tech Mentor

I have been using Ms Pinky in conjunction with rbrt23's Superlooper M4L patch.
    Basically I can record live loops of anything and shoot them to the Pinky Vinyl for manipulation.
    It's a lot of fun, but needs a lot of work too.

I have also begun to incorporate buttons that load my own battle records/breaks so to speak.

When I get the time I will figure out verticle waveforms.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanSOLO View Post
    I have been using Ms Pinky in conjunction with rbrt23's Superlooper M4L patch.
    Basically I can record live loops of anything and shoot them to the Pinky Vinyl for manipulation.
    It's a lot of fun, but needs a lot of work too.

I have also begun to incorporate buttons that load my own battle records/breaks so to speak.

When I get the time I will figure out verticle waveforms.

You use a custom Ms Pinkys patch? Also I had an idea for a max for live concept patch or one that woud make Live a more dj style program

1. So say you have a clip playing and you want to scratch it. Well have it automatically load a copy of the loop into ms pinkys for you

So When you start scratching it switches to the ms pinkys channel. While the origional loop still plays.

Then when it goes to the next clip have the next clip automatically coppied to ms pinkys

BTW what do you use for Playable fx in ableton?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Tech Mentor

I think I made some progress on Live Looping with Ms Pink decks. Although it might seem redundant compared to my earlier posts, and the advice that was given, nevertheless it was working well for me last night, but it needs more testing, and I need advice on how to make this as smooth as possible.

3 patches, simple to set up if you want to try it out.

download them here.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1399581/PinkyPatches.zip

1. Put the "PinkLooper" device on a return track.

2. Put "LOOP Deck A" and "LOOP Deck B" devices on 2 different Tracks, and route your Pinky Vinyl audio into these Devices. These Devices use the mptcfs object to scrub a groove~ thats connected to 2 different buffers, one for each deck inside the "PinkLooper" device.

NOW Anything you route to that Return Track can be recorded in 1 - 8 bar looping fashion, quantized to Live, by pushing the "REC" button on either the "LOOP DECK A" or "LOOP DECK B"

A note on routing: On my Return Track where I put the "PinkLooper" device I set the Audio To > Sends Only and I dont turn up any send knobs. This way you only hear the Audio of what your playing until the loop is recorded. Once the Loop is recorded, the Pinky Vinyl will play it if the vinyl is spinning.

Think of the "REC" button like the Global Clip Launch quantize set on 2Bars.
    The record start is quantized to the 1st downbeat every 2 bars. This means when you press record, recording will not start until the very beginning of the next 2 bars. I tend to work in 2 bar loops, so I hard coded it this way. When I am playing a synth loop, or something I want to record, I want to give myself a loose amount of time to hit record and everything to start in sync. I will probably add some flexibility to this, offering 1bar or less rec sync, maybe attach it to be set by the Clip Launch Quantization.

Eventually I will make it "FREE" of sync recording, allowing to user to record un-quantized loops by pressing record on and off. I will probably add some kind of overdub in the future too. Right now the goal is to keep it REALLY SIMPLE and working great.

Any tips on how to patch things better or any ideas about what works well during performance is welcomed.

THANKS!
    Last edited by JuanSOLO; 10-10-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Mudo

Cool Work mate!

I need to check your work, get clear my ideas and then put suggestions but as far as I can see/understand... you are in the right path with audio buffering capture like "remix decks"

I have some nice ideas to transform this "simple" (and so great work friend) into the true Remix decks/The Bridge for Ms. Pinky.

Are you interested on these ideas?

Thanks once for your efforts.
    -m!

I think I made some progress on Live Looping with Ms Pink decks. Although it might seem redundant compared to my earlier posts, and the advice that was given, nevertheless it was working well for me last night, but it needs more testing, and I need advice on how to make this as smooth as possible..............