DJTT Editorial Staff Pick: The “New” Deep House (Just have to comment on this) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    Gorge
    Alessio Mereu
    Agoria
    Jamie Andersen & Owain K
    Mario & Vidis
    Livio & Robi
    Sacco & Passarani

To mention but a few more 'non-berliners'.
    I wouldn't say they are making this sound though, not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I've got nothing to really comment on the article/blog since I stopped reading the blog a long time ago along with pretty much all blogs for similar reasons (too much filler content for the sake of creating content).
    This seems to get the better of me as well.... Otherwise I would probably have responded to the blogpost as well.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    I wouldn't say they are making this sound though, not at all.
    in the ear of the listener
    356 reasons why

Gotta say I have been re-focussing my attention to tech house these last few months.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

While I think of Berlin as the absolute epicentre of house/techno culture at the moment (and it has been like that for quite a while), I agree that calling it the place of origin of this particular style of deep house is certainly wrong. Actually, trying to pinpoint a single place of origin for any specific sub-sub-genre seems a very strange approach to me in our globalized world - at least when talking in terms of production. When talking in terms of influential clubs and their stereotypical sound this approach might somewhat work (think of 'Berghain Techno' for example). And from this angle mentioning Berlin might have a bit of merit to it. The style in question certainly is played a lot there, and Panorama Bar in particular is renown for the slower, deeper house music being played.
    But again, in general I agree and think that the typical 'Berlin sound' is something else (though including the music mentioned).

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    Germany as a whole would be the last place I would pick as it's origin.
    This on the other hand is too bold a statement for my tastes - but the place to be mentioned is Hamburg, not Berlin. I think the author of the blog post is quite right in mentioning Solomun next to Maceo Plex. He had a phenomenal year 2011, releasing quite a large number of must-have-tracks in terms of deep house (Something We All Adore, Corporate Butcher RMX, ...). And also his label Diynamic is putting out loads of slower house tracks. And apart from Maceo Plex' Frisky (which of course is absolutely immense) I think the biggest deep house tracks at the moment come from Adana Twins (Everyday <3<3<3), who are also Hamburg based.

(p.s. and to split hairs: Tale of Us are Italians but based in Berlin for quite a while now )
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Seriously, thank you guys for sharing your knowledge on this genre. I've not spent much time in the deeper house, or even techy house. But Maceo Plex has some really funk business going on. In this middle of listening through this BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix, and there is love business going down.

BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Gotta say I have been re-focussing my attention to tech house these last few months.
    Baie lekker meneer, dankie. Extrawelt, Heil en Caine is gereeld in my speellys.
    356 reasons why

i loves me some maceo plex...

my love for the deep house sound originated with Naked Music SF and The Heller and Farley Late Night Sessions 2CD set...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Guru

Glad to see theres deep house, tech house love..I feel as if 85% of forum is Dubstep, Electro
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    i loves me some maceo plex...

my love for the deep house sound originated with Naked Music SF and The Heller and Farley Late Night Sessions 2CD set...
    ditto to that. i loved the naked music releases.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast