Ultrasone Pro 900 In a Noisy Club Environment?
    Tech Wizard

Default Ultrasone Pro 900 In a Noisy Club Environment?

hey guys ive been looking at headphones a lot the past few days, with £350 being my absolute limit ive seen the ultrasone pro 900 and they seem to be great but there is not a lot of info on noise isolation and this will be important as i aim to be performing in clubs, feel free to suggest alternative's you consider to be better! just please explain why also

thanks for your help!

With that kind of budget and isolation in mind, I would say go for the Shure SE535 in ear monitors!

Tech Wizard

ive done a hell of a lot of headphone researching past week and decided to go with hdj-2000's now, mainly because ive heard isolation isnt great on ultrasones and that there the marmite of the high quality headphone world ( love em or hate em ) and tbh if there good enough for pro dj's there more than enough for lil old me, I was going to go for the shure's u suggested but after reading about iems and how they arent used the for pre-cueing it put me off it? i mean isnt that the only job of headphones ? ( other than isolate noise ), dont see how listening to the same sound thats coming pumping out the club speakers is helpful at all

Tech Wizard

i have ultrasone pro 900s and there awesome! though i use them for production. the isolation is there but its not as good as my old sennheiser hd280's, but i like it better. i think its the velor pads allows more sound to leak through.
    15" MacBook Pro (HR AG, 2.4gHz Q i7, 8GB RAM, SSD + HDD) | Focusrite Saffire 6 | VCI-100 | Oxygen25 |PadKontrol | Ultrasone Pro 900's | Logic 9 | Reason 6 | Traktor LE

Tech Mentor

It's complete overkill to get the 900s. I would HIGHLY suggest that you save a good chunk of that money and go with the Ultrasone DJ 1 Pro if you want Ultrasones to mix with. Isolation is ok with them and they do the job. There's other cans that isolate much better like the HDJ-2000 or the Sennheiser HD25 Pros but at the end of the day, the DJ 1 Pros are super durable and does the job wonderfully.

Again, I can't emphasize enough that for DJ purposes, the 900s are complete overkill.