Getting ripped off from craigslist? can someone offer some help please - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just called NI and deactivated my serial in less than a couple minutes. Just call the dude set a time to meet have him call them in front of you and get it taken care of if hes for real about he will have no issue doing that. Otherwise take away a lesson like the first post said and have people call during the sale from now on.
    DJ RERX (Dee-Jay-Ree-Wrecks)
    15" MacBook Pro/iPhone 4S/TouchOSC/Traktor Pro 2/Kontrol S4/Akai MPK Mini
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/d-burns420
    Beatport DJ: http://dj.beatport.com/rerx

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    He needs to call NI. They have an office in CA and should be able to sort this out. Their service via e-mail is often lackluster, but their phone support tends to be good.
    He has tried calling NI and I have also...they just us that the form needs to be filled out online and responded to via e-mail.
    K.D. from NI told me that it cannot be deactivated over the telephone it MUST be done thought email...even after all of the problems he has been having.

Quote Originally Posted by DStridium View Post
    I just called NI and deactivated my serial in less than a couple minutes. Just call the dude set a time to meet have him call them in front of you and get it taken care of if hes for real about he will have no issue doing that. Otherwise take away a lesson like the first post said and have people call during the sale from now on.
    I don't know how you did that. :/
    I've spoke with multiple people and they all have told me that it cannot be done over the telephone, even after I gently insist.

Er.. Get your money back? hahaha.. I don't see what the problem here is, you paid a local guy 250 for the traktor serial, and it doesn't work for whatever reason, and he is saying "sorry idk what else to do", how about he gives you your money back.

I think i'm missing something.

I swear that after I bought Scratch 2 Duo and then bought a S4 a couple weeks later. I wanted to take S2D back to guitar center and they told me I had to deactivate it before returning it. I went out in the parking lot called NI deactivated it walked back in and got cut a refund check.
    DJ RERX (Dee-Jay-Ree-Wrecks)
    15" MacBook Pro/iPhone 4S/TouchOSC/Traktor Pro 2/Kontrol S4/Akai MPK Mini
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/d-burns420
    Beatport DJ: http://dj.beatport.com/rerx

Quote Originally Posted by papayankee View Post
    I don't know how you did that. :/
    I've spoke with multiple people and they all have told me that it cannot be done over the telephone, even after I gently insist.
    The art of dealing with customer service: Once you learn that they can do something, don't accept anything less. Use any faulty logic they bring up against them, and save yourself time by insisting on talking to a supervisor at the first opportunity. "If you can't help me, kindly transfer me to someone who can" often works wonders. There is no good reason that they shouldn't be able to do this over the phone, and most of the "I can't do that" in customer service is code for "you're going to have to be more insistent."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12