What Macbook to get for DJing? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Just so all you guys know, the OP asked this question two and a half years ago and has a total of 2 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tw1x View Post
    So I got for about 65 € (I live in Germany...) a whole 1 TB USB 3.0 7200 rpm external HDD! (And now give me a link for that but cheaper! You won't find one )
    Just for the heck of it...http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Canvio...ternal+usb+3.0

Also, for about 2.5 times the price, 5 times the storage: http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backup...ds=5tb+usb+3.0

I'm willing to bet electronics prices are higher in Germany, though, just like the rest of Europe.

Oh, sorry, to be honest, I haven't looked the date before posting (it's a long time after the last active usage of a forum for me...), so I will have to do that in the future...

The two links you posted are nice, yes, but:
    1) Disk Speed: 5400 RPM (the 1 TB HDD)
    2) I forgot to mention that I wanted to have a 2.5" HDD with no external power supply because I already own a 3.5" HDD but I hate its extra power supply. So sorry for forgetting this remark.
    So: Let's do it again

Yeah, you win in that case AFAIK.

Tech Mentor

Two years ago - damn. I wasn't looking at the dates either as I should have. Just incase anyone new or in the same situation is just coming across this thread though I'll throw out my small advice As far as minimum specs - just to save a person from upgrading in 2 or 3 years (unless they want to); I'd definitely lean towards at least 8GB of RAM and SSD. These two things will help keep your Mac running faster then if you didn't have them.

People still sell computers with less ram and spinning hard drives? Really?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123