sc2000 vs CDJ900
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default sc2000 vs CDJ900

Hey all,
    I know this is a weird question, but let me explain the situation. I've been DJing with an X1 and traktor for a while and so I could learnt to beat match I borrowed my mates denon sc2000 controller. At some point he's going to want his controller back and I'm going to want to buy something to replace it.

Do i plump for a pair of CDJ 900's or so I just replace the sc2000 because it's so close to the real thing there is no point? if I was going to play out I could just hire some CDJ's to get used to them if they where close enough.

Tech Wizard

IMO, if you had the money for the 900's, then get them. they will be a lot more useful once you start wanting to expand or upgrade your setup but with the sc2000 you will at some point ''out grow it''.
    the sc2000 is not so expensive so you could still get that and wait for the 900's.

Do you have a mixer?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

The 900s are going to be more veratile and comfortable in the long run, no matter what mixer you put between them.

With the 900 you will also get record box witch you can set up your playlists with cue points loops put on a thump drive and be able to use it on any of the other pioneers CDJ's . And pioneer are common to be found in clubs. I have a Radius 3000 just so I have a CDJ at home to play one together with my controller and Laptop. But I'm going to get a set of Pioneers 850 900 or 2000. Will see how active I'll be giging this summer before I decide one what model it will be. sc2000 might give you more controll over FX in traktor then a CDJ900 but it's only midi and you will sure want more in the future. But if money is the problem why not just get the CDJ 850 they are verry similar but much cheeper.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

I have an xone:22 mixer, although I'm not that into effects, I like to play other peoples tunes or my own, and rely on the skills of the artest to make it interesting.

I was mostly interested in the difference in feel, as in how easy would it be to move between setups?

I think you need to ask yourself: what can CDJ900 do that SC2000 can't (and viceversa)? and is it worth the massive difference in $$$?

SC2000 are basically the same if you want to learn to beatmatch on them.

go with the 900s...
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

Ok thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    I think you need to ask yourself: what can CDJ900 do that SC2000 can't (and viceversa)? and is it worth the massive difference in $$$?

SC2000 are basically the same if you want to learn to beatmatch on them.
    If's about being prepared to play in clubs, my friends run a pretty sucessful night and want me to send them a demo mix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast