minen uberstand is nicht so uber!

Default minen uberstand is nicht so uber!

Not having bought anything from stanton for a long time (fs was the last).
    I kinda hoped that this would live up to its name but sadly for me it hasn't!

Out of the box first impressions were good, the tough lookin aluminum body, looks good & sturdy but then out came the legs, thin coat hanger like things that do not physicly attach themselelves to the body & just slide about in the holes! argh!

Then came the bolts... I set the stand upright In the way displayed in the manual tighten the bolts with an alen key (not suplied) put my laptop on it & jus slowly colapsed like C3PO on a comedown.

So I evenually tighten the bolts enough with a spanner & allen key for the laptop to sit upright instead of on the floor in peices, put it on the table, put my DJM400 on top of the base of the 'uber' stand, my AK1 in the middle & the laptop on top! great! its up!

Then here come the shakes! ever herd the Crookers remix of Thunderstruck?

Just simple things like using the mouse pad give it parkinsons, let alone anything heavy on the controller or decks!

As u can probably telll I havin bit of a rant here but I am a bit dissapointed for £63 ($96) is quite alot of money for something that does not live up to its name.

has anyone here experienced the same thing & are there any good ways to fix it?

have a nice day
    VAIO - T3/PRO - VCI 100 - AK1 - DJM-400

Tech Guru

You got a defective stand. Instead of trying to screw around with it and make it work, it would be a better idea to take it back to your retailer and get one that isn't broken.

Yeah, that sounds crazy. I've always heard great things about the uber stand. I would get one but I really don't need it. I have an odyssey stand but I bought mine before they released the uber stand.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I think it's the stand, man.

I've had one of these things for well over a year and it has worked wonders, never given me a problem.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

well i had several problems with this stand 2, cause it shakes and wobbles a lot when...not that stable...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Just out of curiosity, if it's wobbling for you, do you use the zip ties on it?
    DJ Neurotique

Tant qu'y a du noir, y'a d'l'espoir!
    Berurier Noir

...no, because i played some shows in small lubs with a lot of people dancing behind me oin the botth...i sold the stanton and got a pretty cheap one from thomann.de...it takes some time to get the parts together but it is much more stable...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I have a uberstand, cant really complain, I got it for 40 bux on craigslist. I use it as a back up.

I trust the stand, but I dont trust drunk people around it, plus i really dont like the lappy to be flat, I like it at a angle.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I trust the stand, but I dont trust drunk people around it, plus i really dont like the lappy to be flat, I like it at a angle.
    Thats why I love my Odyssey L-Stand
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    Thats why I love my Odyssey L-Stand
    I love my generic knockoff that was made in china...it say laptop stand with no brand!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |