Trakor on the record session answers live
    Tech Guru

Default Trakor on the record session answers live

NI recently did another On the Record session with emphasis on Traktor 2.5, hopefully it answers some questions you guys might have.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...48#post1025348

Stephan B @ NI
    NI Team:

ekwipt wrote:
    What's NI stance on Traktor certified equipment moving forward? Specifically why the Allen & Heath DB4 and DB2 hasn't been certified and why the CDJ2000 and CDJ900 haven't got Advanced HID functionality? Just a honest answer from you guys would be great.
    pasik wrote:
    A lot of Traktor Scratch Pro users are wondering about the Pioneer CDJ-2000 Advanced HID and if that'll be supported in Traktor Scratch Pro. Pioneer has stated numerous times that they've done their part, and it's up Native Instruments to do the rest and implement Advanced HID in Traktor. It sure would be nice to be able to properly use these "industry standard" decks as Traktor Scratch controllers, like you can do with Serato Scratch or with VirtualDJ.
    shadow23 wrote:
    Is there any plans for Traktor to have HID support the Pioneer CDJ 850? And is there any plans for Traktor to have different deck layouts in the future?

Thanks in advance.
    GRiNSER00 wrote:
    When will we finally get a fully-featured, latency free, proper and working implementation of HID (Basic & Advanced) for the full Pioneer CDJ line-up (350, 850, 900, 2000)?
    Advanced HID support for Pioneer CDJs is on top of our list of improvement requests. We’re trying to address this for one of the next releases of Traktor.
    *sigh*

Come on NI. Get with the program already. You couldn't get HID support into 2.5?! And I also like how they completely ignored the A&H topic... WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post
    *sigh*

Come on NI. Get with the program already. You couldn't get HID support into 2.5?! And I also like how they completely ignored the A&H topic... WTF?
    I really hope they never scratch certify the DB2 and DB4, then I'd have to sell a kidney of mine.

Tech Mentor

Hi, concerning Traktor 2.5, and in part the hardware controllers; Will there be an update to the Controller Editor to include mappings for the new Traktor functionality on Maschine and Maschine Mikro Hardware?

Thanks!
    You probably want to assign the 16 pads of the Maschine hardware to the 16 cells of the Remix Decks. Unfortunately, this will not be possible. The reason is that the depth of integration between the F1 hardware and Remix Deck exceeds what is possible through regular MIDI mapping in the Controller Manager.

Nevertheless we have updated the mappable controls of version 2.5 in order to allow mapping of the first row of cells of a Remix Deck (such as in the S4) to any MIDI hardware, including all related functions such as filtering and effects per slot, very much like what was possible with the older Sample Decks
    So Maschine can be used to control the remix decks just not all of it or am I misreading this?