Traktor Pro Startup Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro Startup Question

This is bit of an odd question, but I reckon if anyone knows the answer, it's someone on here!

At home I have a Midi drumset that I have been trying to hook up to Traktor fo the past few days. I have a Midi-Usb cable plugged into it and the red Midi light is on, which means there is a connection between the comp and the drums.
    Thing is, the Midi Input/Output lights on the cable only flash when Traktor is starting up (i.e. loading collection and the rest).

This is the ONLY time I have ever seen these lights flash and I can't get the drums to work with any program on my computer. Just seems there is no output which makes sense, as the output light is never flashing.

So what I'm wondering is, does Traktor have some strange protocol on startup that sends messages to all connected devices? The instant track collection finishes loading, the output light stops flashing. Very weird, has me pulling my hair out at this stage.

Big ups to any who can answer!

Jack Bastard

Yes it does.

Agrees!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Any details on what sort of messages lads? Trying to narrow down why the set won't work with any other app or after collection is loaded.

Cheers

have you enabled the drum kit in Traktors midi settings?

are you on mac or pc?

Yep have quadruple checked all of that, I'm on PC. Was originally trying to set it up for Ableton but seeing as nothing was working, I gave it a lash in Traktor and then noticed this flashing light so I guessed there must be some sort of messages sent out on startup in Traktor.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Do you need to assign values to the drums?
    Is there a light on the drums that tells you whether or not it's sending any information when you hit a drum? It could be on the hardware end.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

might want to try connecting after startup. I have to do this with my VCI sometimes.

Also, check your settings on your Hardware devices and make sure that your computer is recognizing the drivers for your midi kit.
    Definitely sounds like a driver problem to me.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Actually, as a follow-up to JeRK, don't turn the drumkit on until after Traktor has loaded. Don't even connect it to your system. Once it's on and the collection has loaded then plug it in and turn it on.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Do you need to assign values to the drums?
    Is there a light on the drums that tells you whether or not it's sending any information when you hit a drum? It could be on the hardware end.
    Yeah the drums all have pre-assigned values, nothing happens when I use 'Learn' in Traktor at all. And the midi output light doesn't light up when I hit one either. Starting to feel it might be the cable.

About the drivers, there are none supplied on any yamaha site, none mentioned in the manual so I assumed it was plug and play. The 'new hardware found' box pops up when I plug them in via usb and installation completes automatically.Thats as far as I can get. Any other apps I can use to check if they're sending out midi data or not?

Oh and it's a set of these http://www.thomann.de/ie/yamaha_dd65.htm, just in case anyone has used em before.

Cheers so far dudes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast