Regarding routing ableton to traktor.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Regarding routing ableton to traktor.

I made a thread about this before, saw the posts and read the tutorials. What im wondering now is external mixing, how i'm i supposed to control the tracks volumes in traktor with my s2 when i have no control over them? Do i need to map something to ableton and control it from there? What about cue'ing my tracks on my headphones and all that?

Are you talking about the thread you opened this morning?

Map in ableton.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Wizard

you need to (as mentioned above) map the faders in ableton live, to do this you will need another controller or need to have the S2 in midi mode (shift + shift). i am currently doing the exact same thing and am working on a midi mode map but i am not to good with the traktor mapping system so its gonna take a while, but afterwards i am hoping to achieve basic 4 deck control, jog fx, and the entire mixer section mapped to ableton live. hoping this all goes well of coarse keen to see what other responses get posted here.

i guess you need to use the S2 in midi mode mapped to the controls in ableton - and use the HID mode for other traktor stuff. you'll need to do the headphone cue'ing in ableton if you're using external mixer mode in traktor.

for cueing in ableton select a different output for "Cue Out" for your master output and then click on the "solo" button to turn it into a cue. simple
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Isnt that a lot of work to do live? I bought controllers to stay as far away from the pc as possible, can i map something for the cueing in ableton?

*holds hand*
    Search "cueing in ableton" in good ol' google. First hit should help.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

If you're using Ableton and hoping to stay away from the computer, I've got bad news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JulianVeloso View Post
    Isnt that a lot of work to do live? I bought controllers to stay as far away from the pc as possible, can i map something for the cueing in ableton?
    it's only a one time thing - same as having to select audio setup in traktor. most things are mappable in ableton and get saved with the live set. so once u have it setup, map buttons on your controller to control the cueing (which is much simpler than mapping in traktor anyway) and job done... from then on it's midi all the way...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    If you're using Ableton and hoping to stay away from the computer, I've got bad news for you.
    don't see why. what *cant* u midi map that you'd need to in ableton?

edit: i know u need to use max4live for some cunning things - but most of it is available and very simple to map
    Last edited by zestoi; 04-26-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    don't see why. what *cant* u midi map that you'd need to in ableton?

edit: i know u need to use max4live for some cunning things - but most of it is available and very simple to map
    The most intricate mapping in the world can't give you feedback on a controller, short of a Maschine. Mouse use =/= screenwatching.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast