Mapping for Vestax VCM-600
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Mapping for Vestax VCM-600

Guys here is a map of the midi channels, controls and notes allocated for the VCM 600. Please God this will mean that no one else has to go through this sad arduous task.
    fleater
    vcm600 vcm 600 vcm-600
    MBP (Traktor/ Ableton) MBP 17" (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Core duo, 4Gb 1077Mhz RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 7200rpm 500GB OS X 10.6.4 TSP 1.2.6 (R8491), ADJ8 (2.3.14 driver)
    Midi/ Control (either) Vestax: VCM-600 Livid: Ohm64 Akai: APC80 Korg: PadKontrol (running through FarmPad) Technics: SL1210mk II x 1 (and regret selling my other so think twice)

Nice work.

I'm brand new here, and already I find something useful. VCM is great, but really making it 'work properly' is the hard part.

Tech Wizard

mrideas,
    There is also a good thread on the Traktor forum with TKS files to start with, (only useful I guess if you are using Traktor pro).
    What are you trying to control with your VCM?????
    MBP (Traktor/ Ableton) MBP 17" (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Core duo, 4Gb 1077Mhz RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 7200rpm 500GB OS X 10.6.4 TSP 1.2.6 (R8491), ADJ8 (2.3.14 driver)
    Midi/ Control (either) Vestax: VCM-600 Livid: Ohm64 Akai: APC80 Korg: PadKontrol (running through FarmPad) Technics: SL1210mk II x 1 (and regret selling my other so think twice)

Im using the vcm with Live, but honestly im not 'totally' happy with it's intergration. Im sure there are will be and means to get around this, i/we just have to figure them out.
    One thing i really want, is the ability to select a specific device or a rack via a button.

I was at the LIVE8 launch on Thursday in Melbourne, and few guys showed how the are using live, 'live', but no-one really had a totally dynamic, mouse and keyboard free session..... 2 guys even used the vcm, but they still looked a little clunky.
    Last edited by mrideas; 05-29-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mrideas View Post
    Im using the vcm with Live, but honestly im not 'totally' happy with it's intergration. Im sure there are will be and means to get around this, i/we just have to figure them out.
    One thing i really want, is the ability to select a specific device or a rack via a button.

I was at the LIVE8 launch on Thursday in Melbourne, and few guys showed how the are using live, 'live', but no-one really had a totally dynamic, mouse and keyboard free session..... 2 guys even used the vcm, but they still looked a little clunky.
    I am using the VCM in live and Traktor, but I have been using it as a controller and not in the "Native mode" and assigning all of the functions using MIDI learn. I have set channels 1-4 for decks A-D and then all other channels (5-12) for Ableton. Unfortunately my grasp of Ableton if fairly basic and although I have it set up for me an my uses, I do most of my performing on Traktor. I am saving to go on an Ableton intensive course but until this point my Ableton use is just triggering samples etc.....
    Fleater

Well, i'm able to answer some of my issues after this weekend. It seems you can use a midi button press to select a particular device in Live 8. (i upgraded over the weekend)

You just need to select a device with a mouse click, then while the 'blue hand' is active go to midi mapping and assign a button to that device. Now a press of that button will take you straight to that device. And the good thing about the vcm600, is that the effects section (the 8 pots on top left), will automap to 8 parameters of the device selected. You can 'tune' this mapping by using a rack, with macros mapped to what you prefer to modulate.

Question VCM-600 Midi mapping messed up?

Hey Fleater, amazing work, you're the man! cheers! =)

I just got a VCM 600 to play with until mine arrives, and I found that some knobs midi mapping are messed up. The effect section's 7th knob which should send CH13/CC18 sends CH4/CC18 signal instead, so the knob works as a 2nd LOW EQ for CH4..

Is there a way to reset the controller to the factory settings?
    Please advise..

Ok sorted, I have no idea what happened, but Live messed this up somehow.
    I played around with Live's midi/sync settings and now it works fine.

I have another question here though about midi mapping:
    http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=116616

Tech Convert

Hi, i just bought a new PC laptop for Traktor Pro, i bought a HP Pavilion dv6-1523. I have try TP with Vista and it was a true sh*t for audio. All is working good, except latency was > 45 ms ! So i made a dualboot to try Windows 7 32 bits.

And it works like a charm, all is very smooth, latency is 5.5 ms, with my padKontrol and the VCM-600. All is ok, all my mapping is working the same than on my old XP, except one thing : the lights.

In fact, i have a big delay between the input and the led : if i press "play", tracks plays instantly but i must wait 4 seconds before the light goes on !

Anything about that ? Can't find what has change.

E.
    Denon DN-X1600, 2 Native Instruments Kontrol X1, 2 Pioneer SDJ-80X.

http://soundcloud.com/owra

Tech Convert

Default Mapping VCM-600

Hi I'm new on this forum, but I've made a mapping for the VCM-600 and I like to share it with you.

- I use 1 shift button for the Hot-cue's.
    - When I push the Jump/scroll button the deck's minimise and I can scroll my files. This enable the load funtion and disable the DF funtion and enable the scroll funtion and disable the jump funtion (M2=1).
    - When I push the DF/load button it loads the track in the deck and maximise the decks. This disable the load function and enable the DF function (with led control) and disable the scroll function and enable the jump funtion (M2=0).
    - The CUP also activate the sync and with the shift button only the sync.
    - The fx knobs activate the FX and control the D/W.
    - With the D/W in the FX section I also control the D/W, but now I can control it for more decks if I want to.

Attachment 1963

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast