Multi-Soundcard Setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Multi-Soundcard Setup

hey guys, im curious about using 2 Audio 2s together in traktor to achieve 4 channels. i cant find a soundcard that sounds good and has 4 outputs and doesnt cost a shit ton. i know the best would be the A10 but im not spending 400$ on all those inputs i wont be using. all i need are outs. i really dont understand why they dont just have a 4 channel out with no ins. seems like such a logical thing.
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Probably because the subset of people who need 4 output channels to an external mixer but don't want to use vinyl decks or DJs is quite small.

You can aggregate sound cards together on Windows with asio4all. I wouldn't recommend it as, although it'll probably work OK, you may have problems and you'll only find out when you've bought 2 soundcards.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Probably because the subset of people who need 4 output channels to an external mixer but don't want to use vinyl decks or DJs is quite small.
    i suppose. doesnt make my predicament any different though. although i really dont see why there arent more people wanting to use USB to control 4 decks and use an external 4 channel mixer. its cheaper and more fun (atleast to me)
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck

have you thought about the esi gigaport? some users on here have them and like em.

http://www.djkit.com/esi-pro/esi-gigaport-hd.html

I was in the same dilema as you. ended up getting a reloop contour interface edition. They are going cheap at the mo and you get another controller

http://www.reloopdj.com/product_info...e-Edition.html
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    have you thought about the esi gigaport? some users on here have them and like em.

http://www.djkit.com/esi-pro/esi-gigaport-hd.html

I was in the same dilema as you. ended up getting a reloop contour interface edition. They are going cheap at the mo and you get another controller

http://www.reloopdj.com/product_info...e-Edition.html
    YES! i happened across that ESI card a long time ago and ive been trying to find it again since. thanks so much for that. i may go ahead and buy it. seems to be as good as the Audio 2 sound quality wise.

Tech Wizard

native instruments are having a sale on the komplete audio 6 sound card at the moment, might be worth looking into?

Maybe a bit out of you pricerange, but a Xone:2D can be an option too. It's basically a Xone:1D with a 4 stereo channel audio interface...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

There's a few styles of cards missing in the DJ sound card market at the moment. First is the 0 in 8 out as you asked for here-

The other is the 6 in 6 out with phono preamps- 3 decks of timecode! Where the hell am I supposed to find that? No way in hell am I using the piece of FAIL that is the Audio10. (requires it's own power supply? What?) And I don't wanna pay for an extra 4x4 and a TSPro2 licence anyway...
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by ranzerox View Post
    2 Audio 2s together in traktor to achieve 4 channels.
    I'm currently running my setup like this. 2 A2s aggregated into 1 for TP2.

Aggregating audio devices is a piece of cake in OSX, does anyone have any experience on this matter in Windows? I believe it is possible with ASIO4all, but I can't verify..
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast