Time to decide VCI 100 or VCI 300
    Tech Mentor

Default Time to decide VCI 100 or VCI 300

Hi Everyone,

Have this week sold my beloved 1210's - Serato and DJM 400 !

Now...... i know i have asked before but what do i spend the money on -

VCI 100 or VCI 300

Bit of background:-
    I mix electro house and breakbeat - i used to use echo/ flanger / filter effects on my DJM 400 a reasonable amount, so do i go for the VCI 100 and have the full effects at my disposal or go for the mixing and scratching experience with the VCI 300 ?

I will be using a G5 imac so i know i cant upgrade Traktor to the pro version.

I am used to serato and really like the way it works !! I have also looked at investing in pioneer efx 500, so then i can have the effects if i go for the VCI 300

i dont know what to buy - and would really appreciate advice from anyone as i will be placing an order tomorrow for one or the other !!

My gut feeling is saying 300 but i do hear lots of good about the 100 !

Look forward to your replies

Cheers

Luke

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you're going to use Itch then I'd say get the 300. They are made for each other.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

People keep saying if you scratch go for the 300 but i mix tech house,minimal and breaks dont scratch and dont use the sync button so having the jog wheels for beatmatching is perfect there so accurate,also with the new vfx-1 coming soon you can have all the effects you wanted.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/05/0...-the-end-pt-2/ - This article here basicly explains the difference between the VCI-100 and the VCI-300
    They are two totally different approaches to implementation and no one can make your mind up for you but yourself.

The VCI-100 is better in some ways and the VCI-300 is better in other ways.

There is also this VCI-100 vs VCI-300 article here - http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/10/0...00-vs-vci-300/ This ones not bad but its more of a hardware comparison, while the first article tells you a bit more why Vestax made these two different devices in the first place and what the fundamental differences are. This is really imporant to understand so you can make the decision for yourself. Some people are happier with one approach while other people are happier with the other.

Put simply it doesnt matter which approach you take your basicly stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea

Tech Mentor

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your comments - i will have a look at the links u sent me Bento as it would b good to read the real differences however, i think the 300 will come out on top !!

Tech Mentor

I have now made my decision and ordering today.

i am going for VCI 100 black with M-Audio fast track pro soundcard

After thinking long and hard about it i really want something that will give me lots of effects, i am by no means new to djing ( 15 years or so ) and even though the VCI 300 is really cool - i do get the impression its for basic mix / scratch dj's and i am well used to adding a bit more than that!

Obviously if it doesnt work out i can sell it and buy a 300 anyway lol

cheers

Luke