laidback luke's studio - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Tech Guru Fatlimey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osoner View Post
    Can you imagine a whole 4 hours dj set with no cueing? omg!
    Done it in the early days of digital DJing using Virtual Turntables (VTT) out of a laptop headphone output in the days before USB soundcards. You just need to set beat-accurate cue points, launch tracks sharply and get quick at nudging tracks into phase!

  2. #32
    Dr. Bento BentoSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,356

    Default

    Moldover and alot of other people dont use cueing either - though i personally use it when im going for smooth transitions. You dont need them they are useful if you want useful, i have this really crazy cueing system going on for the smart-mixer i cant wait for you guys to check out

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    i have this really crazy cueing system going on for the smart-mixer i cant wait for you guys to check out
    any chance I could get the latest version of your smart mixer. Belvario's is not functional or useful for that matter

  4. #34
    Dr. Bento BentoSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sm00sh View Post
    any chance I could get the latest version of your smart mixer. Belvario's is not functional or useful for that matter
    Yeah sure send me a PM with your email - hopefully ill have the documentation finished this weekend and ill send out the whole lot to a package as to everyone - get some feedback on the lastest changes then look at putting it on the blog. Feedback that i have got from people using the smart mixer, on different genres of music has been helpful to try and find settings that work with a large range of material. Its hard to test it in all sorts of situations by myself so the feedback i get is appreciated.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osoner View Post
    Hope you're jocking lol it's about 2 years old !
    hahaha I know right . oh well in his defense it did get much more popular in the last 3 or 4 months with the Wideboys and AC Slater remixes that came out .

  6. #36
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Done it in the early days of digital DJing using Virtual Turntables (VTT) out of a laptop headphone output in the days before USB soundcards. You just need to set beat-accurate cue points, launch tracks sharply and get quick at nudging tracks into phase!
    Actually I've done it aswell but on a software =)
    No cueing on 2 cdjs, not sure you can go very far =$

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •