Deep House - Deep Insurgency Mix (Feedback Welcome!)

Default Deep House - Deep Insurgency Mix (Feedback Welcome!)

I've been on a bit of a Deep bender lately. Maybe it's going out to the clubs more often, maybe it's just enjoying this kind of stuff driving home late at night. But whatever it is, I'm hooked for now. This past weekend I was introduced to Maceo Plex from a thread here on the forums, and it's been downhill from there.

So, this is my first attempt at mixing it. I've been listening to what I've picked up all week, but this where I'm moving with it. I generally mix Breaks/Hardstyle, with a bit of DnB and Dubstep on the side, so this is something very different. And it's so fucking relaxing.

More practice on the decks.

A little deep house which I've been on a kick with. Couple issues in the mix, but just having fun. Switch on my mixer really through me off for the first half, rookie mistake Still, first time really having a go with some deep stuff, and have to say, I really enjoy mixing it. Need to get on some of FX though, can definitely see where I could help use them in different spots with the style of tunes.

List as Serato tells me. I think something is off, but don't feel like going through and figuring out which song I didn't play right now.

00:00 Maceo Plex - Sex Apeal
    03:32 Remerc & Khaan - Rr's Wife
    11:04 Ellen Allien - My Tree (Ripperton Backlash Remix)
    14:48 Unknown Artist - What You Need (Coat Of Arms Remix)
    20:15 Clockwork - It's You Again
    22:30 Maceo Plex - Frisky
    25:59 JP Chronic - Mama's For Real
    29:48 Skyrats - Ode (To What)
    33:23 Maceo Plex - Your Style (Maya Jane Coles Remix)
    35:56 Sek - To The Beat (Original Mix)
    39:36 Viadrina - Shining (Mr. Statik Remix)
    42:51 Viadrina - Shining (Jozif Remix)
    46:08 Coat Of Arms - This Is Something
    49:18 Andre Butano & Miguel Lobo - Shut The Funk Up
    52:34 Domsko - Hard Yards (feat. Astral T - Johnny Fiasco Vocal Mix)
    54:45 Maya Jane Coles - Humming Bird
    57:02 Benoit, Sergio - Walk & Talk
    1:00:25 Thomas Hensbroek - Banga Egypt
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

A very "safe" mix I would say, just by looking a the tracklisting. Have all the "who' who" of this specific sound and movement if you will, didn't really take any risks.

No worries though, as I'm sure you'll dive into it more soon enough and find some hidden gems out there that aren't the obvious names

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    A very "safe" mix I would say, just by looking a the tracklisting. Have all the "who' who" of this specific sound and movement if you will, didn't really take any risks.

No worries though, as I'm sure you'll dive into it more soon enough and find some hidden gems out there that aren't the obvious names
    Yeah, I'm really just getting into Deep House honestly, so it's not a genre (or sub-genre? whatever) that I know the depths of yet. I feel really comfortable with DnB, Dubstep, Breaks, and Hardstyle for what I know really well, but learning something new always has something fun with it. Literally this is all stuff I've picked up in the past week or so, as I've honestly not dealt a lot with it in the past other than hearing it out now and again. Easier to find the big guys anyhow, the stuff that sticks out and makes your mixes really "your own" comes with tons of time lol.

Planning on doing some deeper digging soon. It amazes me how much knowledge some people have about deep house though, it's part of what put me off from playing around with it at all. Because people know so damned much and I feel like I know nothing, but there's only one way to teach myself
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

will give it a listen tomorrow at work. looking forward to it
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella