Traktor Scratch Duo with just one Turntable
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Scratch Duo with just one Turntable

Hey everyone,
    i'm about get Traktor Scratch Duo and i'm wondering whether it is possible to use just one CD-Player/Turntable to control 2 decks. Is it possible to control the deck in focus with the timecode and switch the focus with my midi controller ?

Me needz nu gear!

Well, if Deck Copy is available in Traktor Scratch Duo, this shouldn't be to much of a problem.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Don't even need deck copy.

You can set a hotkey to change which deck the timecode is controlling, I believe.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Don't even need deck copy.

You can set a hotkey to change which deck the timecode is controlling, I believe.
    Yes you can! I do it all the time with my TT.

But actually is better to have two buttons maped, the first one to disable the timecode control on the playing deck (lets say deck A), and then another one to activate timecontrol on the next deck(deck B).

You don´t want to lift the needle of the sounding track (Deck A) to cue the next one while still controlling deck A.... You will stop the track obvioulsy...you need to disable the timecontrol on that deck first.

If done with one button just to switch focus and timecontrol, the next deck will start playing inmediately from the relative point at where the needle is in that point (your load cues and others will mean sh.t).

That is why my best solution so far for having 1 tt around is one button maped to disable/enable time control and the other one to change the focus of the timecontrol. Is better for safety...

Cool solutions bro's!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Not something I've ever done, so I'm going to go with what Alien2K said
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Well thanks for the help. I think i will go with traktor duo although i'm not 100% sure. Right now im using the uc-33 with traktor and a cdj 800 through an old vestax mixer. The uc-33 will be a bit overkill just to control the effects but i'll see. Maybe i'll get a basic 2 channel mixer sooner or later. I actually first had in mind to invest in a djm 400 which was like 300€*used on ebay but now after pioneer raised the prices you pay 500€ or so and thats just not worth it.

I've got another question regarding traktor scratch. When using the Jog Wheel on the CDJ 800 to pitch bend a normal cd while having Master Tempo on you can't hear the track speeding up. With Traktor 3 which i have been using till now you would cleary hear the track beeing speed up when using the pitch bend buttons although key lock is on. Is this still with Traktor Pro and using timecode CDs/Vinyls?

Tech Wizard

Hey everyone, I just got Traktor Scratch Duo yesterday and i'm busy setting things up. There is one issue i just cant solve. I've got the timecode set to relative mode to use the cue points but when i hit cue on the cdj the marker seems to jump a little big back and not start from the cue point but a little bit earlier which pretty much sucks when you cant start a song on point.

When i cue the track like i would do with a normal cd on the cdj (hitting pause and moving to the first beat with the jogg and then hit cue) it seems to be working fine.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?
    Last edited by haybot; 05-27-2009 at 08:31 AM.