Pro dj controller
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Pro dj controller

Hi guys,

I need help about pro dj controller. I narrowed my choice to Reloop Jockey 3 ME or Vestax VCI-300 MKII with VFX-1. My doubts about RJ3 ME are his inaccurate jogs but on the other hand isn't VCI-300 MKII too old. I play house and rnb music. What do you think, could RJ3 ME get the job done whatever music is playing or would you go with VCI-300 MKII with VFX-1 ? Generally speaking, beside my doubts, which one would you pick ?

Thanks !

What's brought you to them two units?

Why not an s4? Why not a Numark 4trak? Why not an S2 even?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Are you aware that those 2 controllers are designed for completely different software? Software is just as important as the hardware, I think you need to do a bit more research before making your decision.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Inaccuracy's with the jogs will IMHO make FA difference depending on your mixing style.

With that budget I'd honestly probably go for an S4 though at least you get the full version of traktor + option to upgrade to timecode.

What made you "narrow your choice" to these units in the first place ?

I'd go with the S4 either (I own one and it's all you need!). You'll get the full version of the number one DJing software and a controller that covers almost any important function of this software + gives you great jogwheels. If you won't need additional two sample decks for samples you could rather go with the S2 and save a lot of money (but loosing the ability to connect some CDJs or turntables)!

Why seem inaccurate jogwheels important to you: Do you intend to scratch a lot?! Could imagine this if you would like to DJ hiphop music but house music+ excessive scratching?!
    Maybe you should let us know why you narrowed your choice to these two controllers.

Tech Guru

I would go for the S2 + <other_side_controller>. Where the "side controller" could be a midifighter, or Kontrol F1 or X1....depending on what kind of workflow you think you might be using.

The S4 looks awesome...but for the $$$...I would stretch to get the VCI-400 EGE.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    I would go for the S2 + "other side controller". Where the "side controller" could be a midifighter, or Kontrol F1 or X1....depending on what kind of workflow you think you might be using.
    Sounds reasonable. Then it would make sense to buy the S2 first, to try it out and then to think about what is missing.

can't comment on traktor intigration, but the build quality of the dj3 is fantastic and much better than the S2. In VDJ it operates flawlessy with native support, you just need to use the registry tool to change the "default scratch latency" for tight performance...

the only little thing I don't love about it is the led rings are a little hard to see unless you are positioned well above the device, but it's not really a problem just something that could have been designed a little better. With the reloop you also get a 4in soundcard so you can use timecodes in vdj, there is also an analog mixer in there...
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Student

Budget. RJ3 and VCI-300 MKII with VFX-1 are in the same price range while S4 isn't. Which solution would you pick ?

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Are you aware that those 2 controllers are designed for completely different software? Software is just as important as the hardware, I think you need to do a bit more research before making your decision.
    I know and that's what concers me about vci-300, serato itch has no samplers. I'm not afraid to start using something new if necessary. But on the other hand i'm also not familiar with practical use of RJ3 and his jogs....What would you choose RJ3 or VCI-300 MKII with VFX-1 (effector) ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast