No room for controllers?

Default No room for controllers?

Hey all I have recently gone from my Traktor s4 & Midi fighter to two Stanton STR8 150 turntables and DJM 900 mixer. I'm looking for a solution for cue points & loops, what I had in mind was the Traktor x1 or the novation dicers. What do you guys do if you have no extra space for controllers? Where do you put your x1? I really want the Dicers but my turntables have 2 play/stop buttons so I don't think they would fit :/

Tech Guru

The good thing about the dicers is they come with putty. You can take off the 45 adapter and use putty to attach anywhere you want within your reach.

I have an x1 also. I set my decks up battle style and have the x1 on the outside of my right deck. I someone at a local here who had modified his laptop stand to also hold his x1 next to his lappy. Pretty cool idea.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Wizard

Fun fact-you can remove the second start/stop button from your Stanton's and drop in a dicer. It is only one connecting cable, and when removed it does not change functionality. I did it with mine for a while, it works very well and is a nice snug fit. You just need to remove the rubber band from the edge of the dicer insert.
    VCI400, 2x T120, Korg Km402, guts and glory

[QUOTE=MrDudeMan;470351]Fun fact-you can remove the second start/stop button from your Stanton's and drop in a dicer. It is only one connecting cable, and when removed it does not change functionality.QUOTE]

How do you go about removing the button? I would like a little more info if you could sir.

Tech Wizard

[QUOTE=shiftyrhythms;470378]
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDudeMan View Post
    Fun fact-you can remove the second start/stop button from your Stanton's and drop in a dicer. It is only one connecting cable, and when removed it does not change functionality.QUOTE]

How do you go about removing the button? I would like a little more info if you could sir.
    Super easy. Pop off the bottom-the Start/Stop button on the "45 adapter" corner is on its own circuit board with a single connector cable. Remove the cable and unscrew the circuit board holding the button in place. The cord can dangle-no worries. Then you take the Dicer, remove the little rubber band around the edge and mash it into the hole. It is a TIGHT fit-the Dicer isn't going anywhere after. You can almost lift the turntable with it-it is almost like it is part of the turntable, which is pretty cool.
    VCI400, 2x T120, Korg Km402, guts and glory