Which Traktor software should I use with audio 8?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Which Traktor software should I use with audio 8?

Hi guys and gals! noob in the world of djing softwares
    Im going to play on a club with the following equipment:
    2 Technics 1200 turntables
    DJM 400 Pioneer mixer
    Audio 8

Wich Traktor do you recommend for bringing my laptop? Searching on google only gave me more doubts and I realized there are plenty of versions for different types of equipment
    I already found one called "Traktor 2 (that's what the icon says)" but when I open it at the top of the screen it says "Traktor Scratch Pro" So I don't get if its a really old version of the firsts Traktors or is the Traktor Scratch Pro TWO. Is it the right one for timecode vinyls?
    Here's a screenshot of the Traktor that I have: http://i.imgur.com/p7Tw8.png

If it's not wich one you recommend?
    I have another couple of questions but first help me out with this.
    Thank you in advance and sorry if I am being a pants on head noob.

I recommend a version you've paid for. Sorry, but if you searched google for it and don't know about Traktor then you're very obviously using a cracked version and we don't support that here.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I recommend a version you've paid for. Sorry, but if you searched google for it and don't know about Traktor then you're very obviously using a cracked version and we don't support that here.
    Yes, I searched on google for the right Traktor for Audio 8 and ended up with more doubts about wich software to acquire. But first before buying a software I must now wich one it's the right for me, that's why im looking on google and downloading demos before buying something.

TSP2 surely...

You need to purchase traktor scratch pro 2.

But if you dont know what software to use, how are you going to set it up? Especially in a club environment!

By stating the equipment you'll be playing on, do you actually have this equipment or youre just going in there blind and using someone elses gear with your laptop?

I only ask because it sounds like youre getting waaaaay ahead of yourself here.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    You need to purchase traktor scratch pro 2.

But if you dont know what software to use, how are you going to set it up? Especially in a club environment!

By stating the equipment you'll be playing on, do you actually have this equipment or youre just going in there blind and using someone elses gear with your laptop?

I only ask because it sounds like youre getting waaaaay ahead of yourself here.
    Thanks. This is my first time with timecode vinyls but been playing on vinyls for a couple of years, and I'm not familiar with Traktor softwares beside from doing basic mixing and eq blending, that's why I want to just bring my laptop and plug it in, and start mixing like with my records. Thanks for the help any other thing I should know? Do I need some kind of mapping or maybe drivers since I do not own the Audio 8 hardware?

Tech Guru

I would suggest asking whoever is providing the Audio 8 to provide you with a laptop or desktop with the TSP installed.

Also, just because there is a sound card available to use does not mean you have to use it. Couldn't you just spin vinyl?

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by djlotus View Post
    I would suggest asking whoever is providing the Audio 8 to provide you with a laptop or desktop with the TSP installed.

Also, just because there is a sound card available to use does not mean you have to use it. Couldn't you just spin vinyl?
    Why do you suggest that? Do you think my Traktor will not run ok?
    I will play just some vinyls switching from line to phono but I want to play some new stuff too.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Let's not forget that the Audio8 was available without software.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CRES View Post
    Why do you suggest that? Do you think my Traktor will not run ok?
    I will play just some vinyls switching from line to phono but I want to play some new stuff too.
    In order to use time code you have to have TSP as stated previously. I only suggested you ask for the software to be provided because it seems you need more time to research DVS and and figure out which platform would suit your long term needs. It came across as your desire to purchase Traktor was solely due to the fact that there was an audio 8 available to use at a one off gig. I may have read into that incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Let's not forget that the Audio8 was available without software.
    I had forgotten this.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast