Ecler Mixers - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ecler Mixers

Nuo 2.0 owner here. Don't need any cool effects, flashing lights or bells and whistles. I wanted a two channel for my 2 CDJs and mapped my X1 to control the other 2 decks if need be.

But about the mixer. Built like a tank and sound quality and clarity are top notch. Researched a lot, and I mean a lot, of sites before deciding on their line. It doesn't bother me at all that they are no longer supporting them because this thing feels so durable. I don't scratch, but know that you can upgrade the fader to take a beating. Curves are a but unusual and take getting used to, along with the wide mid range EQ.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Wizard

i had read anoput the mid range eq being funny on these mixers. anyother draw back is the plastic eq's, after previously owning a xone32, which was built like a tank, i feel every other mixer ive used just feels like a toy. but thats not enought to put me off owning something if all the technical stuff is really good.

basically my buidget is for £300 but if i could probably stretch to £400 if i see a good deal. (ive survived on a POS DJM600 for over a year, im sure a few more months wont hurt)

ideally id love the ttm56, but i cant see any for that price range on ebay or gumtree

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Not suitable for scratching and kind of a a POS.

Maybe for STRAIGHT UP Scratching....Also would not go as far as saying its a POS.

Its not a RANE....that's a given...but would not call it a POS.

I have an Innofader Pro in my Xone 22...and its the shit! I have no issues with it at all!
    Only issue is the LONG ASS volume faders...but this allows me to play other styles...using this mixer.

Each to their own I guess.

I used a Nuo 2 before...and to me...that was a POS.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

xone 22 with an innofader.. interesting

i love allen and heaths due to their build and sound quality. the filters are the best on any mixer ive tried.

was it easy to put a innofader in the xone22??

this would probably be a great solution for me as im no turntabalist, more a mix and blend guy, but i would like the option to use a good crossfader to practise mixing chart and hip/hop.

also are the EQ's solid with the rubber grips on them like the 32?

Quote Originally Posted by ctg23 View Post
    xone 22 with an innofader.. interesting

i love allen and heaths due to their build and sound quality. the filters are the best on any mixer ive tried.

was it easy to put a innofader in the xone22??

this would probably be a great solution for me as im no turntabalist, more a mix and blend guy, but i would like the option to use a good crossfader to practise mixing chart and hip/hop.

also are the EQ's solid with the rubber grips on them like the 32?
    THANK YOU!

@ Mostafa, ....Stuff it Mostafa! LOL...just kidding mate. We each have our opinions.

@CTG23...., Dude....for the price of the Xone 22 and an Innofader Pro....you can't really beat it.

Solidly built (metal), has great rubbery knobs (same as the 32) and the EQ's are SOLID!, the filter is great and usually I find when I scratch, I can filter the channel so that it sits real well with whatever I am scratching to. It was PISS EASY to put the Innofader in. Took a bit of thinking to get the cut and lag set perfectly and had to have it hooked up while open, so I could adjust it. But other than that, DEAD EASY!

It has long up faders, which is nice for EDM. Again, the filter comes in handy there. Its only a 3 band EQ, but thats 100% fine for me. It also has an FX Loop, which can be used as a 3rd channel (bit of trickery needed there).

CONS - There is no power switch, so you have to turn it off at the plug or pull it out the back of the mixer. Not too fond of the headphone jack placement, but that could just be due to my coffin. There is a pop when you engage the Filter at some levels. You can learn to work around it tho.

All in all, its a GREAT little mixer. Perfect for home use for scratching part time and playing any other style. Sound is excellent. Filter is SWEET. It will last me a long time....I know that.

So what you end up spending and what you get....bargain in my eyes.

Last edited by sarasin; 05-03-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

with the xone, how due you cue your headphones per channel. one the 32 there was a buttion above each channel you push to listen in, but i cant see that on the pictures ive looked at

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Not suitable for scratching and kind of a a POS.
    man you really have a hate on for A&H mixers :|

I've only used the Ecler Evo 5 but the sound is amazing and I particularly loved the faders. They are lighter than most but very solid; perhaps that is where the breakage comes in? I can't imagine breaking them, even with frequent scratching, but maybe the Evo faders are better than the Haks. The build quality is incredible; you'd think plastic knobs wouldn't feel so great but they are really nice, and they are nice and chunky too.

But yeah if you want support, forget it. There was one guy assigned to the US for their products and he was as helpful as he could be when I had questions, but I don't know if he still does it, and there aren't going to be any upgrades to their dj mixer line as far as I can tell, but they are built rock solid so unless you're getting one of their digital mixers, support shouldn't be much of an issue.

But yeah if you can you might want to hold out for a Rane TTM-56; their prices may come down as people start buying the 61/2s.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Wizard

I have the Nuo4.0. Faders are fine. I'm not sure why someone wouldn't like them. You can adjust the curve on both the faders and crossfader. I don't scratch though.

FX loop. EQ sounds really really nice. Sound quality is great. I have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    Nuo 2.0 owner here. Don't need any cool effects, flashing lights or bells and whistles. I wanted a two channel for my 2 CDJs and mapped my X1 to control the other 2 decks if need be.

But about the mixer. Built like a tank and sound quality and clarity are top notch. Researched a lot, and I mean a lot, of sites before deciding on their line. It doesn't bother me at all that they are no longer supporting them because this thing feels so durable. I don't scratch, but know that you can upgrade the fader to take a beating. Curves are a but unusual and take getting used to, along with the wide mid range EQ.
    +1!

Love my ecler nuo 3.0 for exactly the same reasons. The stock cross fader is pretty shit for any advanced techniques, but for baby scratching its great. the cut on it is razor sharp too.

One issue I have with it though is there isnt much space under all those line faders for many fingers!

As far as support goes, i havent needed it yet. If it ever did break I'd send it to a qualified electrician, not back to ecler in spain.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast