New progressive house mix, please give feedback!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default New progressive house mix, please give feedback!

Would love any feedback! Decided to throw in some older songs just because I didn't have enough newer songs for a mix that I liked, but I wanted to do some mixing so here it is

TRACKLIST:
    (1) David Guetta & Nicky Romero -- Wild One Two (Disfunktion Remix)
    (2)Hardwell, Dannic -- Kontiki
    (3) Starkillers, Nadia Ali -- Pressure (Alesso Remix)
    (4) Skylar Grey -- Invisible (Dirty South Remix)
    (5) Otto Knows -- Million Voices
    (6) Coldplay -- Fix You (Piko & Jaro Bootleg)
    (7) Archie -- Our World
    (8) Zedd -- Stars Come Out (Tim Mason Remix)
    (9) David Guetta, Sia -- Titanium (Alesso Remix)
    (10) Ivan Gogh, Feenixpawl, Gregori Kay -- In My Mind (Axwell Edit)

Mr. Popular, eh?

Tech Student

Decent mix. All pretty nice tracks, if a little obvious. Would be more interesting for me if you threw a few more obscure songs into the mix.

However, the big issue for me is the mixing - same technique for every transition... lazy boy ;-) Would be nice to hear some variation or some longer, more intricate, mixes that showed proper consideration for song choice.

Anyway, I know that seems pretty harsh but I'm just trying to help. I did actually enjoy it.

Tech Guru

oh yea this mix I just decided to throw in some more popular songs and older ones just for the hell of it haha, but yea I get what youre saying about the transitions all being the same, thanks!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    Mr. Popular, eh?
    what do you mean? haha

Well, you played all obvious producers and tracks for one. I don't even follow or listen to this stuff and yet I'm able to recognize all the artists up there. Shows a lack of digging and appreciation for the music.

Tech Guru

Well, you played all obvious producers and tracks for one. I don't even follow or listen to this stuff and yet I'm able to recognize all the artists up there. Shows a lack of digging and appreciation for the music.
    I dont get how that means I dont appreciate the music lol its what I like. Thats what I dont get about this forum, if you post a mix that has artists that people know or songs that are well known it automatically means that the person that made the mix doesnt do enough digging, almost seems like its a terrible thing to mix music you like. I have plenty of tracks that I spent time digging for, I just dont play those tracks as much because I dont like them as much as others (take these for example)...really no point in making a mix with music you dont like. Also, as I said I threw in a good amount of older songs just for fun and I wanted to do some mixing but didn't have enough songs that I've picked up that I like for a mix since I already did one a few days before doing this one and I didn't want to repeat any tracks.
    Not trying to tell you off or anything, but seriously dont like when people on DJTT say that I dont do any digging or that I'm lazy. And literally the only people that have ever given me that comment on my mixes have been people on DJTT...I've posted it on other sites/shown other djs and asked them what they thought and they tell me its a good tracklist

Also, I dont mind when people say wouldve been nice to see a couple obscure songs in the mix, which I do most of the time when I mix, but when people say flat out that I dont dig around for tracks or Im lazy its a totally different story

Stop and look at who's on DJTT for a moment. For the most part we are all well educated music wise and spend a lot of our time, money and energy into developing out skills and looking for awesome music that has flown under the radar somehow. When we see a mix with a tracklisting like this of course it's not going to excite us and as such we're not gonna want to listen to it.

And no one said don't make a mix with music you don't like, but if this is where your taste is I'll be sure not to listen to your mixes anymore as I can just go out and listen to the local bar DJ play the exact same stuff. This does nothing more than cater to the LCD.

There are DJs, and then there's a DJ's DJ.

I'm more interested in the latter of the two

Quote Originally Posted by losxc451 View Post
    Not trying to tell you off or anything, but seriously dont like when people on DJTT say that I dont do any digging or that I'm lazy. And literally the only people that have ever given me that comment on my mixes have been people on DJTT...I've posted it on other sites/shown other djs and asked them what they thought and they tell me its a good tracklist
    No worries, never would have thought that. But like I said, you have to look at your audience on here. But how else are you going to prove that dig and look beyond the BP charts?

Tech Guru

No worries, never would have thought that. But like I said, you have to look at your audience on here. But how else are you going to prove that dig and look beyond the BP charts?
    true I dont have a way to prove that, but I do and yea that I know about the audience on here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast