can i turn my samsung galaxy nexus into a soundcard for my setup? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    Oh id recommend learning C first, if you don't already know it. Id start off writing linux drivers then move onto mac and windows
    i think spending a couple of quid on a cheapo usb soundcard from ebay as a stop gap is probably the way to go for what the OP was asking
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    i think spending a couple of quid on a cheapo usb soundcard from ebay as a stop gap is probably the way to go for what the OP was asking
    I did put in my first post that it probs would be better to do that.

It would be awesome for sum1 to write a driver with a simple application that aggregates the built in soundcard with the phone output, so lets say your just a controller dj and your soundcard breaks (even worse the whole controller) you could use your phone for cueing and the laptop sound as ur master.

Its is alot of effort tho, but if som1 made it and open sourced it that would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    It would be awesome for sum1 to write a driver with a simple application that aggregates the built in soundcard with the phone output, so lets say your just a controller dj and your soundcard breaks (even worse the whole controller) you could use your phone for cueing and the laptop sound as ur master.
    why not just use asio4all if on windows to aggregate the sound devices? on mac it's builtin afaik - tho i haven't had to try yet.

agreed that having some kind of backup plan is always a good idea. i think if i was playing out i'd just invest in an audio2 as they're pretty cheap - if there wasn't cdj's that i could jump to instead.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Buy this,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-to-3...item27ae7efb3b
    then download ausio drivers and put the two sound cards together. no need to write drivers that will have huge latency.

Tech Wizard

hey thanks for replys everyone, im not really interested in buying a soundcard yet as in the review for the tm4 ( the controller im currently waiting on ) it says the soundcard is as good if not better than an s4, im not going to be headlining ministry of sound or something big like that anytime soon so im sure it will more than do for me ( the biggest ill probably get a chance to play for in the next year or two is local nightclubs/partys ) , i wouldnt know where to start for writing drivers and such so i could never make this idea come to fruition, just was sitting here bored and the idea came to me, the way i see it is if an app was wrote for my phone to act in the manner described above i would pay for it as im sure would a lot of other people, if even only as a backup, i have not the first clue about it being possible or not but if it is then someone should do it :P

Quote Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy View Post
    Buy this,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-to-3...item27ae7efb3b
    then download ausio drivers and put the two sound cards together. no need to write drivers that will have huge latency.
    That card will die within weeks. Bump it to £30 and get one of these. http://www.hanpin.com.tw/Products/05_HP-100U.html
    There are a fair few well known companies such as american audio who sell it with their name stamped on it
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

why would you want to do this? your better off just running the audio strait out of your computer.
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSiniSter View Post
    why would you want to do this? your better off just running the audio strait out of your computer.
    because for pre fade listening through headphones 2 soundcards are needed. usually if you have a controller or mixer they have a built-in soundcard , but my mixer is not ready for this world yet ( reloop assure me it will be for the end of this month/beginning of next, i guess i can forgive them ) and so i am thinking of a temporary solution that doesnt cost me any more £'s and utilizes my beautiful but useless to a dj setup phone!

I somehow doubt that someone will put countless man-hours of work into writing a driver for a single make of a single brand of phone running a single mobile OS, for a single computer OS, for a singular purpose (I can't think of any other reasonable application of this beyond a DJ without the right gear to DJ). So... unlikely
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I somehow doubt that someone will put countless man-hours of work into writing a driver for a single make of a single brand of phone running a single mobile OS, for a single computer OS, for a singular purpose (I can't think of any other reasonable application of this beyond a DJ without the right gear to DJ). So... unlikely
    well most apps work for pretty much every phone, dont see why it would have to be limited to just the phone i have, and windows is hardly a niche OS, and its purpose is a backup soundcard/mobile/extra soundcard , i dont know how good the quality would be but would be useful, just not a must have, but still worth having, which in my eyes means worth making.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast