Power conditioner and USB cable question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Power conditioner and USB cable question

Hey everybody. I have 2 questions and I hope you can all help. 1st question is has or does anyone use the monster cable USB cable? The website says it moves signals quicker than a standard USB cable.
    2. I just bought a Furman power conditioner. And my question is, is it o.k. To plug audio (powered speakers) and my mixer, laptop and such all into the same conditioner? Not lighting that has its own.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

1) Monster cables aren't any better than regular ones, just prettier and overpriced.
    2) Yup

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SCOTTY FATS View Post
    Hey everybody. I have 2 questions and I hope you can all help. 1st question is has or does anyone use the monster cable USB cable? The website says it moves signals quicker than a standard USB cable.
    hahahahahah

A USB cable is a USB cable for the most part, it's a digital signal that either gets there or it doesn't. Anything else these companies say is pure bs and you shouldn't pay more than $5 or so for a cable. Just use monoprice.com for most thing you need they are better than monster anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    1) Monster cables aren't any better than regular ones, just prettier and overpriced.
    Naw bro. Monster cablez move signals faster than the speed of light. Dr. Dre said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sample Seven View Post
    Dr. Dre said so.
    Dr. Dre actually has a PhD in audio engineering, I would listen to what he says.

@OP, while you can plug all your audio into the same power conditioner. It's not a good practice to run your low level stuff, ie computer, cd decks, turntables and mixer on the same leg as your amplifier or amplified speakers. If your powered speakers are fairly small, it shouldn't be a problem BUT large amps will cause dips in the current as they're put through their paces.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Dr. Dre actually has a PhD in audio engineering, I would listen to what he says.
    Just not what he lends his name to

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Ok, well I have the 1 Furman which is power conditioner n surge protector. And I have another unit that's just a surge protector. My main concern is eliminating the cracks and pops. So which should I plug into which? The speakers to the Furman? Or the speakers to the surge?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

So whats up with his headphones sounding like that :P

And if they are gig speakers make sure the Powerconditioner can handle the draw.
    Last edited by deevey; 05-03-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast