My First Set Up - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My First Set Up

Tech Wizard

if you can, i would go with cdjs and a mixer. practically every club has cdjs and a mixer, so its easy to transfer how you would play at home to a club enviroment (if thats your ultimate goal that is)

its true you can just take a midi controller with you and most clubs dont mind you moving their stuff out the way to use your controller. but there are some who dont like you unplugging all their shit, and others dont have the space for a unit like a S4 etc

i always say its best to be prepared to use everything. say if your controller broke, your laptop crashed or battery died, how would you react? would you then be able to jump on cdjs and carry on like nothing happened, or would you panik and clash every mix horribly?

Brilliamt mate, thanks for taking the time to answer. It is a minefield! I'v ebeen around the houses a hundred times now. Thought I'd heard Jay Cunning on radio saying he'd just got an S4 so dropped him a msg in FB. He had. He absolutely loves it, best set up he's ever had. In fairness, and all things taken into consideration (budget, ambition, space, me!) I got myself an all-but-new S4 on ebay at the weekend! Got to take a plunge and start somewhere some time.

Again, thanks for your thoughts.

ATB

that's wicked mate, thanks. Busy!!! I wish I had the time to really get amongst all of this. Single dad, 3 kids, a building project and a living to try and earn on the side puts a filter on the decision-making processes! Went for S4 (used) at the weekend to get myself up and running for the short-medium term and a trolley full of proper tunes from Beatport. Looking forward to getting my hands dirty now!

Thanks again and ATB to you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123