EGE VCI400 LED Mapping Question
    Tech Mentor

Default EGE VCI400 LED Mapping Question

EGE VCI400 LED Mapping Question

Im having trouble figuring something out here while making my own tsi map on the EGE VCI400.

I am setting up my own Cue Banks on the Performance Grids for Deck A,B,C & D (Labeled "CUE"in the Performance Grid section). I am able to set everything up correctly on all Decks, but the LEDs on Deck D seem to stay a solid Red color, while the LEDs on Deck A,B & C all blink Red.

Any clues on this - Like how to change the blinking LED states to solid on Decks A,B & C or how to make Deck D LEDs blink?

Any insight would be really helpful

Thanks

Tech Convert

Change the LED option in controller manager...try any of the controller range...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Eiyax View Post
    Change the LED option in controller manager...try any of the controller range...
    I tryed every avaliable Controller number sequence to no aval....All I wana know is if its just within the EGE that this behaviar is, and that its normal and unchangable.

I have found a solution in the mean time. I simply used the EGE VCI400 TSI but only with the OUTPUT commands, and this seems to rectify the situation.

I was looking for a more direct solution that wouldnt require me to use the EGE TSI

Tech Mentor

WOW the support is overwhelming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thictool View Post
    WOW the support is overwhelming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't know about custom mappings. However, how can you expect support of a custom mapping that you're making? Sarcasm is going to get you lots of help too. Sometimes people just can't help you.

Fluorescent lights and LED (Light Emitting Diodes) are two different types of lights.
    Fluorescent lights work by and electrical current passing through mercury and an inert gas, producing photons. These photons react with the phosphor powder coating on the inside of the bulb, producing light.
    mini led light bars are illuminated solely by the movement of electrons in a semiconductor material.
    What you are looking for is and led outdoor lighting fixtures fluorescent replacement.
    LEDs last much longer. But the flexible led strip lighting replacements for fluorescent lamps are expensive, but will most likely be cost effective in the long run. They don't appear to be readily available in stores (yet). If you do a Google search, you can find the available online.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by itzsaga View Post
    However, how can you expect support of a custom mapping that you're making? Sarcasm is going to get you lots of help too. Sometimes people just can't help you.
    Curiously, my "sarcasm" has gotten me more responses then my original EGE VCI400 "Product Support" question.

For the record, Im not looking for support building a TSI map, im simply asking a question about the EGE version of the VCI400.

Since the overall firmware of EGE VCI400 is changed from the original VCI400, and there is no manual for the EGE VCI400 explaining anything (!!!), I thought this would be the place to get some answers regarding the firmware changes that would effect the LED output of the unit.

Ummmm....This IS the EGE VCI400 "Product Support" area of the forum right?

I agree with thictool, would be nice to have more info on mapping the LED's instead of trying to figure it out on your own. I can get some mapped and others I can't. Any info would help.
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."